Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Global cheating

Global cheating

The test - experiences, questions or comments

RE: Global cheating

Postby kohyin » Thu 11.30.2006 1:04 am

Are you studying Japanese to pass tests or studying Japanese to be able to communicate with other Japanese speakers?
It'd be cheating myself if I just memorized an answer to a test and got the certificate but not being able to communicate in the language I am leanring now.
It'd be waste of my precious time and effort. Why learn a language if I couldn't usie it? But, that's jsut me...
緑@光陰
http://www.kohyin.com
署l署F、皆仲良くしましょう。
kohyin

Postby paul_b » Thu 11.30.2006 2:00 am

Matsumoto_hideto wrote:
Eddie63 wrote:
In the US I think they forbid us to use our cellphones during the breaks and a little after the test except they don't check (how are they suppose to stop us once we're out of class anyways?)so it's pretty useless... :S

YEAH BUT HOW ARE THEY GONNA STOP ME WHEN MY CELLPHONE IS IN MY BRAIN!!!!

In 2007 they're going to make everybody wear tinfoil hats ...
paul_b

Postby zengargoyle » Thu 11.30.2006 3:09 am

a tiny Wi-Fi camera in your tie-tack could easily send the images of the test over the open 802.11 wireless available at some of the University testing locations to your buddies on the other side of the world in real-time.... *cough* just a thought *cough*... :)
zengargoyle

Postby keatonatron » Thu 11.30.2006 11:26 am

kohyin wrote:
Are you studying Japanese to pass tests or studying Japanese to be able to communicate with other Japanese speakers?
It'd be cheating myself if I just memorized an answer to a test and got the certificate but not being able to communicate in the language I am leanring now.
It'd be waste of my precious time and effort. Why learn a language if I couldn't usie it? But, that's jsut me...

I like this approach. If they want to cheat, let them. Maybe they'll pass the test, but they'll fail at life.
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby James_dean » Thu 01.25.2007 12:03 am

no point in setting up a global cheating group then :p
James_dean

Previous

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test