Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - The Kanji section

The Kanji section

Do you have any suggestions to the page's content and such?

The Kanji section

Postby Tiduas » Fri 02.09.2007 10:49 am

Hi!

I do just wonder if you are going to fill out more of the remaining Kanji in the Kanji corner for us to study? I am really enjoying that blue site with these frames. I find it really easy to use :D
So i wonder when there are going to be more Kanjis there, becuase i see that there is a lot of Kanjis missing ^_^
Just wondering ;)

Thanks for a wonderful site anyway!
Osu! Tatkae! Ouendan!
Tiduas

RE: The Kanji section

Postby LordOfTheFlies » Fri 02.09.2007 11:50 am

Tiduas wrote:
Hi!

I do just wonder if you are going to fill out more of the remaining Kanji in the Kanji corner for us to study? I am really enjoying that blue site with these frames. I find it really easy to use :D
So i wonder when there are going to be more Kanjis there, becuase i see that there is a lot of Kanjis missing ^_^
Just wondering ;)

Thanks for a wonderful site anyway!

I know what page you're talking about... And indeed it doesn't contain all Kanji. I think it contains all kyuu 4 and 3 kanji and some kyuu 2 kanji...
But you might want to use the other kanji pages as well:
http://www.thejapanesepage.com/kanji/index.php

I thought the All kyuu 3 and All kyuu 4 kanji pages were really useful... Can't a all kyuu 2 kanji page be made? It you don't have anything to make it automatically so you'd have to make it manually then you don't really have too... But I mean there should be these nifty scripts to take care of those things.

Anyways welcome to the forum! Lycka till med japanskan!
LordOfTheFlies

Native language: Swedish

Postby clay » Fri 02.09.2007 2:00 pm

Sorry! I really need to work on that.

Years ago I made HTML files for all 2-4 kyuu kanji. I remember finishing the last kanji page to complete 2 kyuu. I was at a Japanese hospital waiting while Yumi was having a checkup. Strangely なつかしい.

The JLPT has since moved some kanji around and I wanted to convert them all to a database so eventually fun things can be done like quizzes. I've gotten as far as all 3 and 4 kyuu kanji and just a handful of 2 kyuu.

I know a lot of people use the pages from the comments being made, but have been busy with other things.

Anyone want to work on adding kanji to the database? I would have to rethink how kanji are entered, but if you are interested please email me at clay AT thejapanesepage.com. It wouldn't matter if you have just a few spare minutes a week or hours a day. Any work would be adding to the effort.
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
clay
Site Admin

Postby Tiduas » Mon 02.12.2007 11:15 am

Oh, it sounds nice that you at least haven't forgotten it, not that i am near at all to complete the kanjis that are there now. It's just that i love the way they are there, so i know i just can go there and take a Kanji a day. And i want to be sure they all be there for me ^_^

Hope you find someone to fix the rest of them, looking forward to it! :D

Och tack så mycket! (= And thanks alot) LordOfTheFlies. I have been on the site a long time but have just wrote 3 times on the forum. Most just looking in it.
Tack så mycket iallafall ;)
Osu! Tatkae! Ouendan!
Tiduas

Postby Tiduas » Sun 03.25.2007 9:30 am

Sorry for my double post. But i do just wonder if have found anyone that want to do the Kanji thing yet? Maybe you should post it on the main page so more people see it ^_^
Osu! Tatkae! Ouendan!
Tiduas

Return to Suggestions