Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Kotoba - Vocabulary learning program

Kotoba - Vocabulary learning program

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Kotoba - Vocabulary learning program

Postby Minini » Sun 08.07.2005 10:56 pm

Hi!

I was wondering if you guys heard about that program?? here is the description:

"Kotoba is a simple aid for increasing your Japanese vocabulary (and can also be used to learn Korean, Chinese, and so forth). It is based on the not so unconventional idea that increased exposure to words will help consolidate your memory of them. The implementation of this idea is by repeatedly showing words in a small window that you can keep visible in the background while you work on your stuff."

it looks like awsome! here is the webpage where you can get it. kung-foo.tv (in the software section)

i have no idea how it looks like though, cuz it's for Mac only ;______; no!!!!

if someone knows about something like that for PC, please let me know!
Minini

RE: Kotoba - Vocabulary learning program

Postby skrhgh3b » Sun 08.07.2005 11:16 pm

i've used kotoba for a couple of years now. although you should really do yourself a favor and switch to a mac, my ex-girlfriend once wrote a php script that pretty much does the same thing as this program. i'll be sure to ask her about it.
skrhgh3b

RE: Kotoba - Vocabulary learning program

Postby Minini » Sun 08.07.2005 11:40 pm

oh wow that would be so great!!!!
*big hug*

yeah i know, it would be a big favor only to throw this stupid slowpoke, win 98 running of a machine throught the window and get a new one. a mac maybe ^_^ they're pretty!
Minini

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips