Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Current anime of the moment?

Current anime of the moment?

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

Current anime of the moment?

Postby ess_jay_arr » Thu 02.22.2007 1:27 am

A few years ago when I was heavily into downloading anime, there always seemed to be one that was really popular, that everyone was watching. I first noticed it when everyone seemed to be downloading Fullmetal Alchemist. Naruto was a hot topic until they started doing the filler episodes. And I think Bleach came into popularity about the same time Naruto went downhill.

Anyway, somehow this kind of news has stopped finding its way to me, so I'm asking here, what's a popular anime at the moment? I think I heard something about one called Death Note... anyone know if that's any good? Any other suggestions? I'm pretty open as to what kind of anime it is, I mostly use them for listening practice these days anyway.
ess_jay_arr

RE: Current anime of the moment?

Postby cukime » Thu 02.22.2007 1:33 am

yup death note is become popular now... and i think it's a good anime you should watch it out.... but for me, one piece is the most anime i want to watch beside bleach of course...... but i love all anime.... :)
cukime

Postby ashitaka » Thu 02.22.2007 1:43 am

Oh I know one, its called A cyanide pill. You put it in your mouth and then one otaku magicaly leaves this world.

but i love all anime....

[spoiler]I hate all anime[/spoiler]

Hey maybe you should try that cyanide pill.

This is just an explanation for those anime freaks who were to busy daydreaming about cartoon charecters to pay attention in class.
Please note I do not endorse the injestion of cyanide pills or any other form of cyanide, you should never put cyanide on or in your body as when it comes into contact with water (so basically humans well long story short you die.
ashitaka

Postby zengargoyle » Thu 02.22.2007 3:16 am

good anime has been sorta lacking the past few months.... maybe it's in-between seasons in Japan or something. six months ago i was following half a dozen really interesting anime series, but i haven't seen anything worth watching in the past few months show up on the torrent sites. i can only assume that either it's mid-season for new anime, or this season is crap.

i'm waiting patiently for the next new *good* anime to come out... something like Ouran Host Club or Mushishi or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or Black Lagoon or Ergo Proxy or Muteki Kanban Musume or anything worth watching... but the past few months have been totally lacking in decent anime.

but i just barely enjoyed Eureka Seven at the 52 episode mark, and prefer 26 or 13 episode anime that has a story and an ending. i pretty much can't stand the 'goes on for ever and ever' filler fodder type anime... so YMMV.
zengargoyle

Postby Harisenbon » Thu 02.22.2007 3:46 am

ashitaka wrote:
I hate all anime

That's funny. When you first joined this site, all your posts were about how Mononoke-Hime was the best thing since sliced cheese. ;)

The times.. they are a changing. ;)
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby tanuki » Thu 02.22.2007 9:10 am

ch-ch-changing

I bet らぶドル will always be popular.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby ess_jay_arr » Thu 02.22.2007 8:25 pm

zengargoyle wrote:
good anime has been sorta lacking the past few months.... maybe it's in-between seasons in Japan or something. six months ago i was following half a dozen really interesting anime series, but i haven't seen anything worth watching in the past few months show up on the torrent sites. i can only assume that either it's mid-season for new anime, or this season is crap.

What're the names of those half dozen then? :) I'm just looking for something to watch, I don't mind if it's six months old. In fact, that's even better if I don't have to wait for a new release every week.

ashitaka wrote:
Oh I know one, its called A cyanide pill. You put it in your mouth and then one otaku magicaly leaves this world.

Hey maybe you should try that cyanide pill.

Grow up. :|
ess_jay_arr

Postby Harisenbon » Thu 02.22.2007 8:30 pm

tanuki wrote:
ch-ch-changing

I bet らぶドル will always be popular.

What is らぶドル? Love Dollar? I'm suddenly incredibly scared.
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby ashitaka » Thu 02.22.2007 9:35 pm

@ Harisenbon: SShhhh don't say that outloud, nice memory.
best thing since sliced cheese
did i say sliced cheese? because nothing is as good as sliced cheese, well maybe bree on a water cracker.
And I only said it was my favorite anime, its the only one I can stand.... just saw it for the fourth time (thats what i get for letting students pick a movie to watch).

Oh and good memory, that was like two years ago.

Grow up.

you too.
ashitaka

Postby enpitsu00 » Thu 02.22.2007 10:35 pm

Last edited by enpitsu00 on Mon 07.11.2011 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enpitsu00

Postby tanuki » Thu 02.22.2007 11:33 pm

Harisenbon wrote:
What is らぶドル? Love Dollar? I'm suddenly incredibly scared.

:D

らぶドル

PS: BTW, SFW.
Last edited by tanuki on Thu 02.22.2007 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby zengargoyle » Thu 02.22.2007 11:45 pm

ess_jay_arr wrote:
zengargoyle wrote:

What're the names of those half dozen then? :) I'm just looking for something to watch, I don't mind if it's six months old. In fact, that's even better if I don't have to wait for a new release every week.

see the second paragraph of my post.... those are some of the better things that i watched and i'm waiting for something as good as them to turn up on the torrent sites..

but i would add Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's and Noein and Solty Rei and Honey & Clover and Aria and a few more.... as decently watchable 13 or 26 episode stories that are all over and done, you can download the entire series or for some, buy the DVD's. they all have decent stories, and no room for endless filler episodes. (or maybe one recap/filler episode for the longer series). but you for sure won't be watching a dozen episodes waiting for something to happen.
zengargoyle

Postby ess_jay_arr » Fri 02.23.2007 12:52 am

zengargoyle wrote:
see the second paragraph of my post.... those are some of the better things that i watched and i'm waiting for something as good as them to turn up on the torrent sites..

Ahh, sorry, I thought you said you were waiting for those anime to begin.

Right then, cool, I'll check some of those out. Thanks. :)
ess_jay_arr

Postby ShinobiAlchemist » Fri 02.23.2007 12:58 am

Naruto totally rocks but i think Naruto Shipuuden is takin it to the next lvl. But narutos first movie i loved, but the 2nd stunk pretty bad and im still waiting to see the 3rd. Inuyasha is cool to
ShinobiAlchemist

Postby ShinobiAlchemist » Fri 02.23.2007 1:12 am

OMG!!!! I cant believe i forgot FullMetal Alchemist. that and Naruto run neck and neck in my book. And the movie was actually good too.
ShinobiAlchemist

Next

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions