View topic - Odd problem with Kanji
Like when I see the kanji for "five days" (五日間), I usually remember that means "five days", but I can never remember how it's prounounced! Well, I do know how that one is pronounced, I think. I usually get mixed up when to use kun-yomi and on-yomi readings. I'm guessing ごかかん? But my book says いつかかん. (I know that Itsu and Go both mean five).
It's quite annoying in a way. o_o; So far it hasn't been much of a problem to me, because I usually remember how it looks and all. I dunno, same things happen to me in English vocab. =/ I can't remember those really stupid complex grammar rules, but I know how to spell and say things just by...seeing it.
I'm actually not sure if that even made any sense. ^^; Sorry if it didn't.
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Sun 05.29.2005 1:57 am
- Posts: 517
- Joined: Sun 07.24.2005 3:57 am
Number of people that have: 13
- Posts: 482
- Joined: Tue 01.25.2005 7:04 pm
1) Have decent proficiency in Japanese, enough to get around/talk/read/write.
2) Visit Japan for a week or so one summer.
- Posts: 399
- Joined: Tue 06.21.2005 10:35 pm
- Posts: 497
- Joined: Mon 06.20.2005 3:44 am
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests