fbpx

10 Comments

January 14, 2024

Katakana Practice Quiz

Let's Practice Katakana!

Once you've memorized all the kana, you need to practice reading (a lot). Use this page to practice reading words. Read the katakana out loud first and then choose the correct romanized option. Can you read these 50 important Japanese words?

Incorrect Answers:

Want more? Support us directly and get amazing benefits to help with your language learning.

Vocabulary in the Quiz

Here are all the vocabulary words that appear in the quiz. 

アメリカ America
    テレビ television
    コンピュータ computer
    インターネット internet
    カメラ camera
    ラジオ radio
    バイオリン violin
    ギター guitar
    ピアノ piano
    ホテル hotel
    レストラン restaurant
    カフェ cafe
    ハンバーガー hamburger
    サンドイッチ sandwich
    スーパー supermarket
    バス bus
    タクシー taxi
    バイク motorbike

ジュース juice
    コーヒー coffee
    チョコレート chocolate
    アイスクリーム ice cream
    ビール beer
    ワイン wine
    スポーツ sports
    テニス tennis
    サッカー soccer
    バスケットボール basketball
    ゴルフ golf
    スキー ski
    パソコン personal computer
    スマートフォン smartphone
    メール email
    ソフトウェア software
    プログラム program
    データ data

バッテリー battery
    イヤホン earphones
    マイク microphone
    スピーカー speaker
    テーブル table
    ソファ sofa
    シャツ shirt
    スカート skirt
    ジーンズ jeans
    ネクタイ necktie
    アクセサリー accessory
    パソコン personal computer
    プリンター printer
    キーボード keyboard

Sharing is caring!

• Thank you for this. I got 47/49, it took me awhile! Some of the words I could figure out but some I just didn’t know until seeing the list below. Why is katakana so much harder? Your quizzes are so helpful.

• Great job! We use hiragana so much more often and therefore get more practice with hiragana. I will make more katakana quizzes and reading practice lessons in the future. It’s definitely a weakness of many students.

• Love these quizzes, but I wish they would off an assembly of how I’m doing. They tell me my score, but don’t say what level I am or how I’m doing.

• {"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}

Level up your Japanese!

free-kanji-or-hiragana-offer-final

For Total Beginners

Japanese for beginners - Beri-Beri Shoshinsha

This 15-book study guide + worksheets bundle is ON SALE. For just one-time payment only, you will get this bundle for a very low price plus you will get future contents for free (no additional charge).

Easy to follow and understand

This bundle is perfect for absolute beginners. It's thorough without being wordy, giving you exactly enough information to understand the concepts without overloading you with information. 

TheJapanShop.com Customer

Makoto+ Membership

You'll notice many TheJapanesePage.com lessons have bonus content for Makoto+ Members. Well, membership goes well beyond that. Members also get our monthly magazine for learners of Japanese (Beginners to Intermediates), weekly exclusive lessons, Podcast bonus content, and much more.

>