Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Please review & comment

Please review & comment

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

Please review & comment

Postby dragon » Mon 03.26.2007 7:53 pm

Hi,
I have only been studying for a short time and we have only just finished learning the -masu and -te form. We must write a postcard to a friend in Japan, but I am unsure that my grammar or sentence structure is correct.
The Teacher will review our effort & make suggested changes before it is handed in, but I would appreciate some guidance before I submit something that is totally wrong. Learning the correct structure (at my level of learning) is my goal.

I would appreciate any advise or corrections (please be as simplistic in your advise as to why something is wrong .. As I said before, I am not very skilled in Japanese).
Thank you.

ゆみさん、お元気 です か。 
今、私 は スウェーデン に います。
東京 から ストックホルム まで 飛行機 で 諸ェ時 ぐらい かかりました。午前6時 に 着きました。その時、雨 がふって いました。今、天気 は いい です。
スウェーデン の 女の人 は とても きれい です。私 は
青い色の 目 と 白い色 の 髪 が 大好き です。
今晩 は ジョン の 家 で パーティー に 行きます。
たくさん ビール− と お酒 ガ あります。それに、わかくて きれいな 女の人 が、たくさん いますね。すばらしい です よ。
明日 は はやい に 起きてから、ストックホルム ホテル で 新しい 友だち に 会います。日本 に 四月 序Z日 に 帰ります。
また、東京 で 会いましょう ね。
では 元気 で。
dragon

RE: Please review & comment

Postby clay » Mon 03.26.2007 8:08 pm

Wow! Very good.

A few quick points:

When telling a length of time, you should use 間. So:
飛行機 で 諸ェ時 ぐらい かかりました
should be
諸ェ時間

And 'blond' is 金髪 (kin patsu). However, using words in your vocabulary to describe an advanced vocabulary word is an excellent way to communicate.

I have to run, but great job! I am sure others will chime in to give advice.
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
clay
Site Admin

RE: Please review & comment

Postby flammable hippo » Mon 03.26.2007 8:19 pm

お酒 あります

I think you sort of randomly switched into katakana, but this was probably just a typo and not an "actual" mistake.

はやい に 起きて。。。

To change an i adjective into an adverb, you change い to く. So はやい becomes はやく. For na adjectives you change the na to a ni.

青い色の 目

I think just saying 青い目 would work fine.

日本 に 四月 序Z日 に 帰ります。

Usually time expressions tend to come first. So it might be better to say 四月序Z日に日本に帰ります。

With the way you had it, it seems like you are putting more emphasis on the actual date since the more important parts of the sentence tend to come towards the end. But technically I guess it's correct.
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Native language: English

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)