Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 外人?

外人?

Have a Question about some Grammar point? Share it with the world!

RE: 外人?

Postby keatonatron » Thu 03.22.2007 11:02 am

two_heads_talking wrote:
Tony, I beleive as an admin you can split the thread

Nope.
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby suhui » Thu 03.22.2007 11:21 am

一週 に 花島所!!!

Lol This is hysterical, although I don't get the last one. I can be really slow at times...

I think is 'isshou ni hanashimashou' I like it. :D 創造的!
Spoof!
suhui

Postby mule98j » Thu 03.22.2007 12:09 pm

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I wouldn't have that lag problem if I knew how to find the damned threads again. I'm still looking for the one where some of the guys were showing off their handwriting.

Don't ever underestimate my duh factor.

AJBryant wrote:
Resurrecting a nine-month old thread.

Not the most outrageous example of thread necromancy I've seen, but still....

Tony
mule98j

Postby richvh » Thu 03.22.2007 12:56 pm

mule98j wrote:
I'm still looking for the one where some of the guys were showing off their handwriting.

You mean this one? It's only one page 2 of the superview now.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby two_heads_talking » Thu 03.22.2007 3:55 pm

keatonatron wrote:
two_heads_talking wrote:
Tony, I beleive as an admin you can split the thread

Nope.

someone has the capability to do it.. I guess the admins don't.. maybe only clay can.. ?
two_heads_talking

Postby flammable hippo » Thu 03.22.2007 5:03 pm

I think is 'isshou ni hanashimashou'

LMAO :D. I was thinking the wrong readings :@
Last edited by flammable hippo on Thu 03.22.2007 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Postby shin1ro » Sat 03.24.2007 8:56 am

mule98j wrote:
I'm still looking for the one where some of the guys were showing off their handwriting.

Isn't this the one? I like it :)

-shin1ro
Last edited by shin1ro on Sat 03.24.2007 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
英語がおかしければご指摘ください(日本語も...)。サンキュ〜 ;-)
shin1ro

Native language: Japanese

Postby SolidSnail » Tue 03.27.2007 7:15 am

could someone please explain to me like if am a 25 year old kid exactly what is the problem with thread necromancy? you make it sound like your grand-grand-grand-dad eternal rest is interruped, or something. even the more so if the new post (like it was in this case) adds something new besides mocking the others...
SolidSnail

Postby keatonatron » Tue 03.27.2007 8:44 am

Usually the new post doesn't add anything new (I've seen a lot of old old threads reopened for an "oh, that's interesting. Thanks for the info." type reply).

There are a few reasons bringing up old threads is bad:
1. None of us will remember the thread at first, and we will spend 10 minutes reading something we've already read a year ago, wondering how a very familiar (but seemingly new) thread appeared over night. Then once we notice the date, we feel stupid and annoyed at having wasted our time.

2. We will remember the thread, and won't bother to read it because we remember the question being answered or we remember the conversation getting off-track. In this case, if the necromancer has a legitimate question, they won't receive any replies because everyone is purposely avoiding the thread. It would be much better for them to start a new thread.
keatonatron

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Tue 03.27.2007 10:10 am

It's just confusing and time-wasting, as keat said. You read a thread that you think is new, but then you later realize you wasted your time.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 03.27.2007 10:35 am

solid snail, there really isn't anything wrong with it, just some people find it a waste of time.. if the thread that is reawakened helped you or another new person, well, then it helped you..

however since this forum doesn't have a "thread burial" procedure, alot of threads that were put to rest come back to haunt certain people.. Maybe the admins should converse and create a burial area where defunct, not informative and generally off topic threads can go to rest and never be bothered with again..
two_heads_talking

Postby PsychoSP » Tue 03.27.2007 12:05 pm

If the context of the old thread is essential to the meaning of the new post, it's kind of like trying to add to a verbal discussion weeks later. "OK guys, I wanna tell you something. You remember that thing we were talking about last year? No? Well, then I'll just recap everything we said. It will only take 15 minutes or so. Don't worry, I promise it will be worth it!!"

The thing is, anything short of "I found a cure for stupidity" or "Rena Tanaka said she'd go on a date with you" is not going to be worth it.

If it's not dependent on context, then everything is fine. Just start a new thread.
PsychoSP

Previous

Return to Grammar Questions and Problems