Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - CAN SOMONE PLEASE HELP ME?!!!!!

CAN SOMONE PLEASE HELP ME?!!!!!

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

CAN SOMONE PLEASE HELP ME?!!!!!

Postby kawaiicat » Fri 03.30.2007 8:12 pm

okay this is the story i was in the anime discussions,and i posted something that reminded someone sort of akiru
person and they keep on calling me that person thinking that they came back,(because they got banned from the japanese page) so i supposably did many more things like typing in a color, using smilies, and so on ect.... well the whole argument is on the anime thread So what did Azuma do before Azumanga Daioh...... the whole thing makes me want to cry!

the question ......:What should I do to truley show them that I am not that terrible Akiru they were talking about? or at least can someone get an administrator or somthing to help me wth this?

- thank you very much! -Cyndi(kawaiicat) ;3
kawaiicat

RE: CAN SOMONE PLEASE HELP ME?!!!!!

Postby ss » Fri 03.30.2007 9:00 pm

Wheal, since you asked.

It tends to repeat annoying patterns. Friendly advice doesn’t seem to work because that is what it is like. It can’t change, it will probably let you down.

Seriously, it’s still a good thing there is another chance to post here, I think it is time to cease all immature and unreliable posts.

Study the situation and yet need not accept my opinion. Your future happiness depends on your own act.

:)
ss

Native language: English speaking family

Postby Dehitay » Fri 03.30.2007 9:09 pm

if all else fails, there are a number of other anime fansite forums around which can probly answer your question. Depends on if you want to go through the hassle of registering at another forum if you take that path
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Native language: English

Postby kawaiicat » Sun 04.01.2007 10:43 am

thanxs you guys, but now i think it is all taken care of. thank you very much though! :)
kawaiicat

Postby Seapony » Sun 04.01.2007 3:42 pm

I don't think you guys are being very fair to Kawaiicat.

Speaking as someone who only has the luxury to lurk and post rarely, I've read both this thread and the one she mentioned in the anime section. The naysayers have yet been able to provide any concrete examples where her posts are considered spamming or trolling other than the fact that some find her choices of text color and excessive emoticons annoying and reminiscent of someone who lacks so much description that they can be fictitious.

At most, the information she's given has been inaccurate (on more than one occassion I'm guessing). So you correct her, problem solved. I haven't seen any real argumentative confrontational behavior from her at all yet and I see that she's posted quite a bit already. If she has a track record of this behavior even with my rare appearances I'd like to believe I would've noticed something by now. Quite the contrary, she's done nothing but apologize time and again so far in these two threads, even in light of comments that really seem quite callous, petty and for her, hurtful.

The actions of those who have repeatedly criticized her are bordering on the sort of bully tactics you see in high school. And after repeatedly asking what she's done wrong the best some of you can come up with are the fact that you find the way she posts...her application of text color in her posts for example and multiple postings...remind her of Akiru and "it." Who in the freaking heck is IT? Are they both one and the same? I'm finding this repeated reference even more irritating. If you're going to attack someone, how about having the decency of coming up with some names and detailed reasons why HE or SHE was banned rather than vague descriptions...unless "it" was their forum name and you didn't know their gender? Even that is clarifying more than what I'm reading. I just feel that considering the severity of the banned poster you're comparing her to she deserves a little more detailed explanation so she can understand her offense, if such exists, wouldn't you agree.

And so she doesn't contribute anything relevant《o what? Is that the pre-requisite for joining and participating in this forum? What about demonstrating something as innocent as an interest in absorbing some aspect of the culture? Could that not eventually become the springboard to something more meaningful for her with the right motivation and the proper interaction? Unless you prove that she really is a troll or a spammer, give the poor girl's interests a chance to blossom.

Last edited by Seapony on Sun 04.01.2007 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seapony

Postby kawaiicat » Sun 04.01.2007 4:55 pm

soeone who understands! halaluha! :D
kawaiicat

Postby kawaiicat » Sun 04.01.2007 4:56 pm

someone, sorry wrong spelling
kawaiicat

Postby kawaiicat » Sun 04.01.2007 4:57 pm

nice people really do exist!
kawaiicat

Postby ss » Sun 04.01.2007 8:21 pm

Nah, it was not at all an accusation.

Since you and I will never know the answer to the unfathomable enigma. That is something very general in comment.

Clay-san and his admin team are just too kind and nice people. What else are you expecting except heaving a sigh ?

Cherish this site. If you are not the one that turning everybody upside down, just laugh it off then!

That’s all.
ss

Native language: English speaking family

Postby tanuki » Sun 04.01.2007 8:36 pm

And, don't triple post, please. ;)
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby Seapony » Sun 04.01.2007 8:51 pm

kawaiicat wrote:
someone, sorry wrong spelling

"Hallelujah" btw. ;)

Unless they can prove that you're trolling or spamming, you're just going to have to develop some thick skin and ignore the posters who're irked with the way you post unless you feel they're SO persistent and annoying that they border on harassment themselves. Then no matter how popular they are, they should be the ones dealt with. I may not be here all the time, but I know that for the most part the admins here are a fair lot (I say "for the most part" because although I know a couple of them well, I don't know all of them...still, they all seem to demonstrate a sense of fair play so far whenever I've popped in).

This seems like a situation where (if you're behaving yourself and following the rules) some folks here will have to either make the peace and accept you or ignore your posts, that simple. You'll have to do the same. Can't make friends with everyone, I'm afraid.

Seapony

Postby keatonatron » Mon 04.02.2007 12:20 am

I think I can use some authoritative information to help out here:

We ran a trace on Akiru's PC and found that s/he lives in California. I just did a similar trace on kawaiicat (don't worry, it wasn't intrusive!) and found that s/he lives in New York. Unless Akiru bought a plane ticket to New York just so they could fool us all, I can say with quite a bit of certainty that these two people are not the same.
keatonatron

Native language: English

Postby zengargoyle » Mon 04.02.2007 12:38 am

keatonatron wrote:
I think I can use some authoritative information to help out here:

We ran a trace on Akiru's PC and found that s/he lives in California. I just did a similar trace on kawaiicat (don't worry, it wasn't intrusive!) and found that s/he lives in New York. Unless Akiru bought a plane ticket to New York just so they could fool us all, I can say with quite a bit of certainty that these two people are not the same.

indeed.... i think i posted the same sort of info in another thread somewhere.... unless the evil person has moved across country, or has gotten really *really* smart, kawaiicat is not the 'evil that must not be mentioned'.

maybe slightly similar, but not the same...
zengargoyle

Postby Seapony » Mon 04.02.2007 12:48 am

Yea see, that's the thing. This has escalated to the point where this so called evil must not only be mentioned but explained to this poor confused girl, even if it's in a PM for crying out loud. You're not being very fair to her otherwise. It's as though I start comparing you to some obscure person that you don't know...eventually, you want details.

And I'll admit it, my curiousity is piqued too. So will one of you be so kind as to DETAIL who this Akiru was and what was the "evil" that they did that has left all of you so fearfully traumatized? I mean really, I bet I can top whatever she did if I try. I bet I won't be even be all that impressed. You guys are too easily impressed. Yea, that's it.

........ :|

Doggone it, TELL ME ALREADY!!

:D
Seapony

Postby zengargoyle » Mon 04.02.2007 1:08 am

don't sweat it. the evil person was a total pain in the ***. somebody so annoying that admins would ban the account, and evil user would create a new account and continue to be a pain. it went on long enough that the evil users entire ISP range is banned (at least for the moment). the internet and its anonymous properties makes things hard... it's hard to get rid of a single ******* user.

kawaiicat for some reason seems to be like this *evil* user. maybe it's intentional, maybe it's not intentional.... acting like a 10-year old AOL user.... not reading the rules, asking questions that could be answered with a simple search of past articles, who knows what else...

TJP is a really friendly place for learning. *really*, we are quite tolerant and try to steer new people to correct practices... use the Search function, read the FAQ, use google, and if all that fails... your question will be welcomed.

grow up.... don't appear to be a 10-year old kid on the internet...

really, try to be (or at least appear to be) mature. if you can manage that, then you will not have any problems here at TJP. don't look like an immature brat and you will do just fine...
zengargoyle

Next

Return to General off topic