Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Proof Reader Please?

Proof Reader Please?

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

Proof Reader Please?

Postby Clock Work » Tue 04.03.2007 1:00 am

Hello everyone! I've been practicing for a month or so and I decided to see whether I could form really short sentences yet and tried to practice a bit, and I'd like to see what I messed up on, so it would be nice if someone could proof read these random sentences/questions for me.

Also, what is the major difference between な and が?Can they really be used as interchangeable as the grammar section says like tutorial says? It says that theres a small difference in the meaning but whats the difference?

あなたわみゆです。
あなたわだれですか?
わたしわきつねです。
いつきましたか?
これわりんごです。
これわねこですか?
はいねこです。
これわりんごです?
はいりんごです。
わたしわりんごたべます。
あんたわりんごたべます。
わたしのりんご。
かれのほん。
かのじょくるま。
Last edited by Clock Work on Tue 04.03.2007 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am still learning, so please be patient with me! Thank you! ^_^
Clock Work

RE: Proof Reader Please?

Postby carlanox » Tue 04.03.2007 1:16 am

particle wa is written as は ha, but still read as wa
carlanox

Postby Harisenbon » Tue 04.03.2007 1:24 am

Also, what is the major difference between な and が?Can they really be used as interchangeable as the grammar section says like tutorial says? It says that theres a small difference in the meaning but whats the difference?

I'm curious what tutorial you're reading. I'm can't think of a time when な and が are similar. Are you sure you don't mean は and が?
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Clock Work » Tue 04.03.2007 2:11 am

Harisenbon wrote:

I'm curious what tutorial you're reading. I'm can't think of a time when な and が are similar. Are you sure you don't mean は and が?

Oh, wait, yes it is. Sorry, I make easy mistakes.
Clock Work

Postby CajunCoder » Tue 04.03.2007 1:16 pm

わたしわきつねです。 ー You're a fox? Odd sentence, but there's nothing wrong with it grammatically (aside from the わ instead of は、 which I'm ignoring because you did it in every example)

これわりんごです? − Sounds odd to me. When making a question, I believe you need a か when ending with です.

はいりんごです。 ー Being -really- picky, you should offset "はい" with a comma. That's more of a punctuation issue than a Japanese one, though.

わたしわりんごたべます。 ー While you would be understood, and you -can- drop particles sometimes, you should put the particle を after りんご。 を marks the previous word as recieving the action of a verb - in this case, りんご is recieving the action of たべる。 So, this should be わたしは りんごを たべます

あんたわりんごたべます。 − Same problem as the last one, but also, don't use あんた. It can be taken as rude, and certainly has no place in polite speach. About pronouns in general - if you can, use them as little as possible. If you know someone's name, use their name with さん.

かのじょくるま。 − Not sure if this was a typo、but where did the の go? (It should be かのじょ の くるま)

Overall, not too bad. I certainly recall doing worse :p
I am also curious, though; how are you studying (what books/sites are you using?)
Last edited by CajunCoder on Tue 04.03.2007 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CajunCoder

Postby Clock Work » Tue 04.03.2007 8:56 pm

CajunCoder wrote:
わたしわきつねです。 ー You're a fox? Odd sentence, but there's nothing wrong with it grammatically (aside from the わ instead of は、 which I'm ignoring because you did it in every example)

Oh no, I'm not. I just pulled the most overused nickname everyone uses and stabbed it in there because I didn't really know what else to use.

Thanks for the help though!

I'm just using this site right now, I haven't bought any books or anything yet.
Last edited by Clock Work on Tue 04.03.2007 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clock Work

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)