Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Japanese story

Japanese story

Feel free to practice writing in Japanese or romaji. Help each other out with corrections or replying back in Japanese

Japanese story

Postby flammable hippo » Wed 04.04.2007 10:54 pm

So...I've started writing a story in Japanese, mostly to help with vocab and grammar but I've gotten pretty into it so I felt like posting it here. I called it 由美ちゃんの物語, which I know sounds pretty similar to the title for Rich's story but I promise its very different. I couldn't think of anything else to call it. I think the only similarities might be that the main character is a girl, a relative dies and she's on a journey. It's not too long so far but w/e. :) I've been trying to not use a dictionary and to use only kanji/vocab I've memorized so that might make it kind of "off". So, here ya go. (enjoy?)

昔々、戦国の日本の田舎に、由美という少女が家族と一緒に住んでいました。両親はわがままで、由美のことをかまいませんでした。兄だけ親切で、毎日由美に ”けして、夢をあきらめないでね。頑張れば頑張るほどすばらしい女性になるよ”と言いました。しかし、ある日、兄は事故に遭って、亡くなってしまいました。そう式の後、由美は落ち込みました。兄は家族の中で、唯一の良い人だったのです。そして、彼の無い、生活はおそろしくなって来ました。二、三日の後由美は家を出て、新しい生活を始めるために、京都市に引越すことにしました。次の日に旅を始めました。
何時間も、長くて細い道を通って、突然ぬまにつきました。薄暗い空気があって、危なそうでした。それでも、由美は歩き続けました。遠い所にいよいよ不思議な男の人が見えるようになりました。由美は彼をほっておこうとしましたが、彼は ”来い!”と叫び、何だか由美は行かされていました。 ”アッ!鬼だろう!”と由美は自分に思いました。
”アッ!女の子!何年間も子供を食べてないよ”と鬼は言いました。彼は目が赤くて、爪と歯がナイフのように鋭かったです。”お前を食うのを楽しむよ。しかし、俺と、麻雀をして、勝てば、出させるよ。”と鬼はうなりました。由美は承知しました。彼女はおびえていて、神に ”お助けお願いします。”と祈りました。
由美は困りました。麻雀をしたことがないし、きそくがあまり分からなかったし。麻雀をしたら、たしかに、負けてしまうよね。それに、逃げようとしたら、鬼は追いかけ、由美を食べます。彼をだまさなければなりませんでした。”実は、あたしはまずいわよ”と由美は賢く言いました。
"うそ!”と鬼は返事をしました。”多くの人を食ったことがあって、生き物の中で、人類が一番うまいよ”と怒りました。”今、喋るな!ゲームをするぞ!”と言いました。二人は長い間しました。由美はよく間違えて、最後に負けてしまいました。
”アッ!勝った!今、食える!”と鬼は喜んで言いました。しかし、由美は "待って!あたしを食べる前に、酒で祝おう!と言い、かばんから大きな日本酒のびんを二本出しました。”乾杯!”と言ったとたんに、鬼は両本のびんを取って速く飲みました。よっぱらって、すぐ寝ました。そして、由美は鬼がまただれも食べないのために、彼のしたを切り捨てました。それから、のんびりと旅を続けました。毎日、京都市はもっと近くなりました。
すぐに、由美は眠くなりました。やわらかい所をさがして、休みました。休んでいる間に、数羽のようせいが飛んで来て、由美の物を盗みました。ただし、由美は気が付きませんでした。数時間の後、由美は起きて、かばんを見つけられなかった時、驚きました。

This is all I have so far. I'm planning on having Yumi spotting a trail of silver dust that the sprites left behind and following it to their society. And from there I'll have to think about it.
Last edited by flammable hippo on Thu 04.05.2007 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Native language: English

RE: Japanese story

Postby richvh » Wed 04.04.2007 11:09 pm

I doubt you'll get many comments, it's a bit on the long side, but I'll try to remember to comment on this tomorrow. Now it's time for bed...
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby richvh » Thu 04.05.2007 10:49 am

First of all, a question. What's the intended reading of 由美? ゆみ?

One of the first comments I got on ゆきの物語 was that I introduced my main character as ゆき, then kept referring to her as ゆきさん in narration, which was confusing as to what her name actually was. I suggest that you refer to your character as 由美 in narration, and only use 由美ちゃん in quotes. Similarly, I think you should refer to her brother as 兄 rather than お兄さん unless 由美 is talking to him.

お兄さんは事故でいて

I think 兄は事故に遭って(あって) is better.

死んでしまいました。

死ぬ is a verb that isn't really used for family members; when I used it in ゆきの物語 chapter 1, I was advised to change it to 亡くなる.

唯一の良い人だったんです

んです is colloquial language; since this is narration, you should use のです, I think.

二三日、

You ought to put a comma between 二 and 三, and probably also add an 後で after 日.

何時間も、長くて細い道を通って、

I'm not sure 何時間も says what you want to say. 何時間か後で might be better here, if you meant to say "Several hours later, while traveling a long, narrow road, ..." Also, I think 通って should be changed to 通りながら.

由美は彼をほっておいてみましたが

I think ほっておこうとしました is a better expression here.

何だか由美は行かされていました

I think you meant to use 行かせられて here.

”アッ!鬼のはずだ!”

I don't think you can use はず like that. 鬼だろう or 鬼に違いない would probably be better.

神に ”助けて下さい。”と祈りました。

I don't think ください is appropriate in a prayer. Maybe お助けおねがいします would be better.

麻雀をしたら、たしかに、負けますよね。

負けてしまう is better here, I think. I take it this is still her thoughts? If so, adding a 、と to the end of the sentence seems appropriate to me.

hと言い、

That "h" is an obvious typo. What was it supposed to be, a quotation mark?

かばんから大きな日本酒のびんを二杯出しました。

I think 本 rather than 杯 is the appropriate counter for bottles.

鬼は両方のびんを取って

両本 might be better.

すぐ、

I think すぐに、 is better.

数羽のようせいは飛んで来て、

I'm pretty sure you should use が instead of は here.

Hope this helps more than hurts.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby flammable hippo » Thu 04.05.2007 11:10 am

Thanks for your help and corrections :)

First of all, a question. What's the intended reading of 由美? ゆみ?

Yeah, it's Yumi. I guess I should have put it in hiragana in parenthesis.

hと言い

That "h" is an obvious typo. What was it supposed to be, a quotation mark?

Oops, just read it how you would if the h wasn't there. So it would have been " ...待って!あたしを食べる前に、酒で祝おう! " と言い..."

何時間も、長くて細い道を通って、

I'm not sure 何時間も says what you want to say. 何時間か後で might be better here, if you meant to say "Several hours later, while traveling a long, narrow road, ..." Also, I think 通って should be changed to 通りながら.

I meant to say " she traveled a long, narrow road for hours, and suddenly she came across a swamp."

何だか由美は行かされていました

I think you meant to use 行かせられて here.

Well can't the causative-passive form for godan verbs like iku be both "行かせられる and 行かされる? The latter being some sort of contraction. My textbooks said that both are alright.

Hope this helps more than hurts.

I don't see why it would hurt. All you did was give me some friendly advice. Besides, I knew I probably made several mistakes anyway, my Japanese isn't perfect :). And luckily, most of your corrections are more "stylistic preferences" rather than blatant grammatical errors so that's a plus :p

So I'm probably going to go back and edit my first post to add in the corrections and hopefully I can get on with the story.
Last edited by flammable hippo on Thu 04.05.2007 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Native language: English

Return to 日本語の練習 (Practice Japanese)