Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Oh, it's making me mad...

Oh, it's making me mad...

Discuss Japanese movies and music.

Oh, it's making me mad...

Postby Hatori » Sat 04.07.2007 12:31 am

I don't know why, but early today I was at a friend's house and we all of a sudden started to watch Hyde on youtube because I wanted to see some Japanese music videos. Now I'm mad. I think it's because it made my "Let's learn Japanese!" instincts to fire off. ><+
Has this ever happened to anybody? I mean, I want to know what Hyde is saying... but I don't have the time or any leftover effort right now to learn Japanese. T.T
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

RE: Oh, it's making me mad...

Postby Homer » Sun 04.08.2007 5:58 am

Well, I am also eager to master Japanese as soon as possible but not for the same reasons as you. I think I will realise this summer how frustrating it will be to not be able to communicate seriously with japanese native talkers. But then again I just started learning (doing stuff on my own) for about 4 months now. No doubt it will take years for me to master it (now im talking about speaking and listening, not even thinking about writing ability or reading) ...
Last edited by Homer on Sun 04.08.2007 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Homer

Postby Sonic_Revolution » Sun 04.08.2007 9:08 am

I kind of know how you feel, some songs make me want to learn Japanese more...its just how my mind works, but anyway, start learning! lol, ive just learnt all my Hiragana, and although im a complete and utter Noobie, everybody starts somewhere, and the feeling you get out of it...its amazing.
Last edited by Sonic_Revolution on Sun 04.08.2007 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Konnichiwa, watashi wa Jonathan desu, dozo yoroshiku,
Sonic_Revolution

Postby Hatori » Sun 04.08.2007 1:45 pm

It's just that I've been trying to do this by myself for four years, it's sort of sickening. lol. Of course, I was stupid four years ago when I joined this website and started to ask questions, but I think I have learned more about the culture than the language. In a way, I've been doing something.
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Postby Sonic_Revolution » Sun 04.08.2007 3:57 pm

Ok, well ive been looking for someone to kind of revise with alot on the inte, and im only beginning, if you want, we could pm each other and be like revision buddies or something, concidering your doing this all on your own...which isnt a smart idea.
Konnichiwa, watashi wa Jonathan desu, dozo yoroshiku,
Sonic_Revolution

Postby Tspoonami » Sun 04.08.2007 7:57 pm

I get frustrated when I hear words that I have heard before, looked up, and generally should know, but have forgotten. Also, it bugs me when (usually more polite) synonyms for words I know are used in excess, or when whatever I'm listening to or watching is talking about a topic with a very specific vocabulary. Of course, with a specific vocabulary set, even fluent speakers can get confused, but at least they will be more able to derive meanings from context much better than I am.

In London, I was very happy to hear a father saying to his spawn: 「だいじょうぶ、だいじょうぶ!買いました。」 Of course, another time I was listening to a couple chatting, and couldn't understand a word.

I'm wondering if the father was Furin-san or someone... was anyone on this forum in Bath on Wednesday with two children and a wife, buying a guidebook and stuff in the Roman Baths' gift store?

... I sound like a stalker.

The best thing about hearing real Japanese people speaking real Japanese in person is that it gave me the assurance that Japanese is a real language from a real place, and it works just like I have learned. I am happy that I haven't been deluding myself with a useless time-wasting hoax... Japanese exists!
Last edited by Tspoonami on Sun 04.08.2007 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I think that I'm afraid of thinking, and that scares me.
Tspoonami

Postby flammable hippo » Sun 04.08.2007 8:11 pm

I hate it when I hear or read a word, wonder what it means, and look it up only to realize its a word I've learned already. It's as if I've reached a certain point where whenever I learn a new word an old one has to leave in order for me to remember the new one. Although thankfully this little phenomenon of mine is slowly starting to go away.
Last edited by flammable hippo on Sun 04.08.2007 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Postby trabia-wind » Sun 04.08.2007 9:22 pm

yep, i know what you mean. =o i always get mad when that happens.. for lots of languages. i get motivated for like 5 minutes, then lose it. xD
trabia-wind

Postby hiraikotsu » Sun 04.08.2007 11:53 pm

By the way, I just saw your sig. Happy Birthday :)

Edit: Shucks. I just realised the time difference. :p
Last edited by hiraikotsu on Sun 04.08.2007 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hiraikotsu

Postby ookami13 » Sat 06.23.2007 12:34 am

Hatori wrote:
I don't know why, but early today I was at a friend's house and we all of a sudden started to watch Hyde on youtube because I wanted to see some Japanese music videos. Now I'm mad. I think it's because it made my "Let's learn Japanese!" instincts to fire off. ><+
Has this ever happened to anybody? I mean, I want to know what Hyde is saying... but I don't have the time or any leftover effort right now to learn Japanese. T.T

omg tht happens to me every other week its an awful feeling
ookami13

Return to Japanese Movies and Music