learning korean

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.
trabia-wind

learning korean

Post by trabia-wind » Tue 04.24.2007 11:56 pm

just wondering.. has anybody here tried to learn korean/speaks korean/is korean.. or w/e.. ? i'm making an attempt (not a very good/motivated one) to learn like i was/am with japanese. it seems a lot harder than japanese, but mainly just pronunciation wise.. xD i find it hard to tell between the ja and cha and stuff like that.

the annoying thing is that there are no korean classes or anything anywhere.. though i have a lot of korean friends, it's weird (and maybe impossible) to learn through asking native speakers random questions. they don't have the best grammatical explanations i guess.. like i remember last year when i first randomly started reading about japanese, my friend would say that は is kind of like "is", and so that's what i thought for a while. xD

well my main point is that i'm just wondering if anyone who learned/is learning korean can share their experiences with me ^^ or how it compares with japanese. idk, lots of words are similar.. like byuntae.. and yaksok

two_heads_talking
Native language: English

RE: learning korean

Post by two_heads_talking » Wed 04.25.2007 10:19 am

well, considering this is TheJapanesePage you might not find many to answer this question.. who knows though maybe someone will..

gunslinger

RE: learning korean

Post by gunslinger » Wed 04.25.2007 11:00 am

I don't know anyone who speaks korean i tried to once but failed.
if i were you i would keep it with the good ol japanese. Gambare!!!!
Japan