Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - learning korean

learning korean

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

learning korean

Postby trabia-wind » Tue 04.24.2007 11:56 pm

just wondering.. has anybody here tried to learn korean/speaks korean/is korean.. or w/e.. ? i'm making an attempt (not a very good/motivated one) to learn like i was/am with japanese. it seems a lot harder than japanese, but mainly just pronunciation wise.. xD i find it hard to tell between the ja and cha and stuff like that.

the annoying thing is that there are no korean classes or anything anywhere.. though i have a lot of korean friends, it's weird (and maybe impossible) to learn through asking native speakers random questions. they don't have the best grammatical explanations i guess.. like i remember last year when i first randomly started reading about japanese, my friend would say that は is kind of like "is", and so that's what i thought for a while. xD

well my main point is that i'm just wondering if anyone who learned/is learning korean can share their experiences with me ^^ or how it compares with japanese. idk, lots of words are similar.. like byuntae.. and yaksok
trabia-wind

RE: learning korean

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 04.25.2007 10:19 am

well, considering this is TheJapanesePage you might not find many to answer this question.. who knows though maybe someone will..
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

RE: learning korean

Postby gunslinger » Wed 04.25.2007 11:00 am

I don't know anyone who speaks korean i tried to once but failed.
if i were you i would keep it with the good ol japanese. Gambare!!!!
Japan
gunslinger

Return to General off topic