Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Making Firefox Extensions

Making Firefox Extensions

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

Making Firefox Extensions

Postby Steve_Poppers » Fri 04.27.2007 9:37 pm

Sorry if this is not appropriate for this site, but I wonder if anyone can help me get started writing Firefox extensions. I read the tutorial and followed it exactly (I think), but the sample extension still won't work.

Any help?
If only I had more answers than questions...Wouldn\'t that be nice...
Steve_Poppers

RE: Making Firefox Extensions

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Fri 04.27.2007 10:35 pm

It seems like a site like http://www.mozillazine.com (the forums) would be better than this; much better chance of someone knowing how to do it.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Native language: English

Postby zengargoyle » Fri 04.27.2007 10:55 pm

yeah, mozilla forums will be more help... but maybe think about checking out GreaseMonkey extension for training purpose... GreaseMonkey will let you add Javascript to any particular site, so maybe you can start with a GreaseMonkey Javascript application and then try to make an extension later.

otherwise, my only recommendation is to download a few simple extensions, unzip the .xpi files and look at the source. make little changes here and there... eventually you will be able to make an extension from scratch.
zengargoyle

Postby Steve_Poppers » Sat 04.28.2007 12:19 am

yeah, ok. I would try the mozillazine forums, but I can't create an account. That function has been temporarily disabled for some reason. Just forget about it.
If only I had more answers than questions...Wouldn\'t that be nice...
Steve_Poppers

Return to General off topic