Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Saddest Anime Ever?

Saddest Anime Ever?

Anything relating to Anime or Manga - what's new, what you like, etc...

Saddest Anime Ever?

Postby Silvanoshei » Wed 05.02.2007 9:01 am

Just was wondering what you guys thought the saddest anime you've ever watched was?

I've seen a lot of anime, and I can vote hands down on Air TV. Zomg, everytime you watch it, you still end up all teary eyed. (Or flat out crying.) Aya Hisakawa, (She voiced Haruko Kamio, Misuzu Aunt.), did such great acting... simply excellent. If any of you haven't seen it, and are big anime otaku's, I highly recommend this anime!

Please... no one suggest Grave of the Fireflies lol... good anime, but diffently not a tear-jerker, just a mild "aww, that sucks" feeling. Thanks lol..

Having seen all of Naruto, I think it can get pretty emotional, nothing compared to Air TV, but maybe a close 2nd runner up. I don't like putting mainstream anime on this list, but it is by far a good anime all around.

Hope you toss out some choices, (hoping for some I haven't seen), so I can compare and give Air TV its prized reward of "Saddest Anime Ever". lol
Hiragana: 46/46
Katakana: 5/46
Silvanoshei

RE: Saddest Anime Ever?

Postby Nibble » Wed 05.02.2007 9:28 am

How old are you?
Nibble

Postby Frumious Boojum » Wed 05.02.2007 9:53 am

Well, I'm going to say Grave of the Fireflies anyway... after all, you're asking for a matter of opinion, not a verifiable fact.

Jin-Roh is up there, too.
Frumious Boojum

Postby AkiraHatake » Wed 05.02.2007 10:23 am

Hikaru no Go is the saddest
AkiraHatake

Postby HeyItsMatt » Wed 05.02.2007 11:19 am

Silvanoshei wrote:
Please... no one suggest Grave of the Fireflies lol... good anime, but diffently not a tear-jerker, just a mild "aww, that sucks" feeling. Thanks lol..

Yeah, I don't mean to be a jerk but I have to say Grave of the Fireflies too. It was all I could do to maintain my normal hyper-masculine composure at the end of that movie. Just kidding, I was crying like a baby.

I only recently started watching anime, so I've only seen a few series. The only anime I can think of that was a bit depressing was "Voices of a Distant Star." It's not a series though, it's a very short 20-30 minute video that some guy actually made on his computer. It has an interesting premise about two people trying to keep in touch with each other, but separated because of interstellar travel.
-Matt
HeyItsMatt

Postby aKuMu » Wed 05.02.2007 12:33 pm

Grave of the Fireflies. Erm :p

But maybe Saishuuheiki Kanojo http://www.saikano.net/
There's an Anime series 2 OVAs and a Movie.

And Naruto is everything but sad ;)
Last edited by aKuMu on Wed 05.02.2007 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aKuMu

Native language: German

Postby SirFirestorm » Wed 05.02.2007 2:08 pm

The saddest anime, I can only think of grave of the fireflies... she was eating rocks... =(((

Air was sad, but not as much so as saikano.
SirFirestorm

Postby Silvanoshei » Thu 05.03.2007 3:49 am

Nibble wrote:
How old are you?

Didn't really expect to get flamed.. just wow. You're a dick.

GotF.. I'm going to watch it again, to give it a another view. For those of you who have seen GotF and suggested it, I do hope you have seen Air TV before commenting that. Going to watch Saikano as well, haven't seen that yet!
Silvanoshei

Postby b4d0m3n » Thu 05.03.2007 4:52 am

Pokemon. For a show detailing the love of a child for competition, the love of a child for a small, dirty rodent or the tear-jerking emotion of cock-fighting, it's Pokemon all the way.
b4d0m3n

Postby Kamaru » Thu 05.03.2007 6:26 am

U can't not give Grave of the Fireflies any credit ... it's human tragedy at its most .. really, the saddest anime ever ..
Kamaru

Postby tsukinokami » Thu 05.03.2007 6:52 am

Air TV.. i think.. cried a lot..
~|フャイを愛し|~
tsukinokami

Postby Frumious Boojum » Thu 05.03.2007 7:55 am

Silvanoshei wrote:
Nibble wrote:
How old are you?

Didn't really expect to get flamed.. just wow. You're a dick.

GotF.. I'm going to watch it again, to give it a another view. For those of you who have seen GotF and suggested it, I do hope you have seen Air TV before commenting that. Going to watch Saikano as well, haven't seen that yet!

The thing is, you asked, "What was the saddest anime you ever watched?" To me, that's asking, in personal experience and personal opinion, what was the most depressing anime. I'm sorry, but there's no room for exceptions based on personal distaste for a film in that question.

You didn't ask, "Other than the following anime that you probably have seen, what is the saddest anime that you've possibly never seen (and please answer Air TV only)?" If Air TV is the only answer you were wanting, don't ask people what the saddest one they've seen is, ask them to just respond with Air TV and nothing else.
Frumious Boojum

Postby Silvanoshei » Thu 05.03.2007 10:27 pm

Frumious Boojum wrote:

The thing is, you asked, "What was the saddest anime you ever watched?" To me, that's asking, in personal experience and personal opinion, what was the most depressing anime. I'm sorry, but there's no room for exceptions based on personal distaste for a film in that question.

You didn't ask, "Other than the following anime that you probably have seen, what is the saddest anime that you've possibly never seen (and please answer Air TV only)?" If Air TV is the only answer you were wanting, don't ask people what the saddest one they've seen is, ask them to just respond with Air TV and nothing else.

Obviously you didn't catch the ending.

Silvanoshei wrote:

Hope you toss out some choices, (hoping for some I haven't seen), so I can compare and give Air TV its prized reward of "Saddest Anime Ever".

Besides, saddest would involve 'crying', 'teary eyed', or acting tough not to cry and get a headache. If I wanted depressing anime, I would of asked for it. Don't get me wrong, I think GotF has its sad moments, but realistically, that anime boils down to a "Wow, good thing that didn't happen to me" type thoughts that bum you out.

Whats with the additudes here? Please zip it if you're going to be an ass. There's no reason for it.
Last edited by Silvanoshei on Thu 05.03.2007 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silvanoshei

Postby SirFirestorm » Thu 05.03.2007 10:42 pm

the thing is... the only sad part about air was the ending, pretty much the only good thing about air was the ending. In fact, I enjoyed the air movie more than the entire Air series. Check out saikano you will see the difference.

Grave of the Fireflies was very vivid and the premise was not to embellish or add any drama to the story. It showed human suffering from the eyes of the people suffering. I think it was more like a fictional documentary. I still havnt seen anything else quite like it.

Spoiler:
Edit: If you put yourself in Grave of the fireflies, having an atomic bomb dropped on your town, everyone you know, your parents and neighbors killed, and then watching your little sister starve to death, to me, that would probably do more than "bum me out", I *might* even cry, but maybe thats just me.
Last edited by SirFirestorm on Fri 05.04.2007 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
SirFirestorm

Postby Dehitay » Thu 05.03.2007 11:05 pm

Naruto? I can't really agree with calling that show depressing. Honestly, I can't choose between Grave of the Fireflies and Saikano. At least Saikano had that one scene with the trigger safety stuck on.
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Native language: English

Next

Return to Anime and Manga Discussions