Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Can someone translate this for me?

Can someone translate this for me?

Do you have a translation question?

Can someone translate this for me?

Postby street fighter » Wed 08.24.2005 7:36 pm

I don't know much Kanji, so this is pretty time consuming to read all this. Normally I would just stick at it and try and read it, but right now i just don't have the time or patience:( (I know it doesn't sound like a very good excuse but do it if you can)

忠告
白人だからって日本人女がぞろぞろついて来るとでも思ってんのか?そういう風に日本の事を考えてるんだったら日本に来ないでくれ。本当はこういう事は書きたくないけどこの際書かせてもらう。いい加減にしろ。あと、この日本語も読めないなら絶対に来るな。いくら日本人が外国人に優しいからって甘えるんじゃない。外国で暮らすのならその場所の文化を尊重して現地の言葉を使うのが常識だろ。みんな本当は嫌なんだよ。君みたいな人が来るのは。でも日本人の性格上嫌でも嫌と言えないんだよ。よく考えろ

Thanks alot
street fighter

RE: Can someone translate this for me?

Postby dreimer » Wed 08.24.2005 9:55 pm

Here's the raw translation from worldlingo.com, as provided by MS Word 2003...

Therefore the advice white the っ て Japanese woman comes beingattached in great numbers when with, you think?Thinking of the Japanese thing in such wind, when the る it is,without coming to Japan. Truth however we would not like to write, inthis case makes write such. To some extent margin. After, you cannotread either this Japanese, if it comes absolutely. Because someJapanese is kind in the foreigner, the っ て it presumes, it is itis not. It lives in the foreign country, if is, respecting the cultureof the place, the ろ where the fact that you use the word of thelocale is common sense. Everyone truth is hateful what. You we wouldlike to see as for the person coming. So and with respect to characterof the Japanese being hateful, it is hateful, that you cannot say, itis. Think well

If anyone can make better sense of it...feel free...
ダン I hope I got it right!
dreimer

Postby Harisenbon » Wed 08.24.2005 10:19 pm

dremir,

no offense, but I think we put a ban on using electronic translations for translation questions, because they make no sense and anyone can use them. Better would be to actually take the time to translate the text in question.

Street Fighter,

忠告
白人だからって日本人女がぞろぞろついて来るとでも思ってんのか?そういう風に日本の事を考えてるんだったら日本に来ないでくれ。本当はこういう事は書きたくないけどこの際書かせてもらう。いい加減にしろ。あと、この日本語も読めないなら絶対に来るな。いくら日本人が外国人に優しいからって甘えるんじゃない。外国で暮らすのならその場所の文化を尊重して現地の言葉を使うのが常識だろ。みんな本当は嫌なんだよ。君みたいな人が来るのは。でも日本人の性格上嫌でも嫌と言えないんだよ。よく考えろ

Warning
Do you think that just because you are white that Japaense women will flcok to you? If that:s what you think, please don:t come to Japan. I really don:t want to write this, but I want you to answer me. Stop being a little punk. also, if you can:t read this japanese, don:t even think about stepping foot in japan. Even though there are many Jpanaese people who are nice to foreigners, it's not an easy life. When living abroad, it's common sense to respect the culture and use the language of that place. People like you do come to japan. But even if they are pissed off, Japanese people will not tell you what is making them upset. Think about it.

Who did you piss off?
Last edited by Harisenbon on Wed 08.24.2005 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby dreimer » Thu 08.25.2005 1:47 pm

Sorry about the MS translation....I know they don't make sense, but given the content of the translation....:(:(:(

I have to ask the same question though...what did you do to get that sent to you?
Last edited by dreimer on Thu 08.25.2005 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ダン I hope I got it right!
dreimer

Postby street fighter » Thu 08.25.2005 4:02 pm

:D lol
thanks for the translation guys, but i got bored waiting and already read it;) This person is apparently quite sensative... I'm always so misunderstood:( That must have been a fun translation to help with:D
See ya around,
thanks again for your help;)
street fighter

Postby Justin » Thu 08.25.2005 5:58 pm

Not to sound like an ass here or anything, but if waiting two hours for a full translation was too long, why did you even bother with making a post asking for a translation? Harisenbon took the time out of his day to give you a hand, and for you to come back and pretty much say “oh, you were too slow, so I just did it myself” type of stuff just comes off as rather rude to me. I know you did say thanks and all, but still, don't tell someone that gave you a prompt response that you got too bored waiting and you really didn't need their help since you just decided to do it yourself.

Anywho...since you did take the time to post that reply you got there, I am kind of curious as to what the whole story is though. To me you must have said something pretty decent to piss him off that much. Telling someone to never come to your country is a pretty strong statement.
Justin

Postby mandolin » Thu 08.25.2005 7:32 pm

Since we're not probably gonna get an answer, I can hypothesize....

I vaguely remember a thread on this site (don't remember which forum) in which someone made a rather bold statement to the effect of "As long as you are white with long blond hair and blue eyes, and end up somewhere rural, the girls will be all over you... [sic]"

Maybe Street Fighter here made the statement... as I can't recall the name of the poster offhand. :o
mandolin

Postby Harisenbon » Thu 08.25.2005 8:23 pm

Actually, Justin, I'm completely calling BS on the fact that he read it himself. His first post is full of excuses of why he couldn't be bothered to read it (no time, not enough kanji knowledge, etc). which says to me that he's just a little punk who is making excuses for his lack of Japanese skills. The line in the translation "If you can't read this yourself, don't even think about coming to japan" kind of reinforces that idea.

And SF, you're a little punk. This took me about 5 minutes to translate. It's written at about a 6 year old level. To be honest, I completely agree with it, and I don't think you should come to Japan either. There are too many foreigners here already who either don't give a crap about the country that they're living in, or that don't take the time to learn the language. And these playboys who come here and think they can just wing their way through life here make it incredibly difficult for those of us trying to make a real life here.

You're not misunderstood, you're rude and have no sense of respect. I will not translate anything else for you, and I hope that no one else here does either.

PS My wife just looked at your post and said そんな外国人来て欲しくないわ. I completely agree.
Harisenbon

Postby street fighter » Thu 08.25.2005 9:06 pm

i am sorry. all of you, i won't ask again
street fighter

Postby Spaztick » Thu 08.25.2005 9:10 pm

Haha, I don't want that foreigner in my country? (That got me chuckling).

Okay, regardless of what happens on the forums, let's keep a civil attitude. As for the guy who poasted the stupid translation question, I'm guessing he was either a kid, or just culturally impared. Hey not everyones perfect, but maybe he was just ignorant and...socially reckless I suppose.

In short, harsh, but true, but still harse. :)
XD At this sig.
Number of people that have: 13
SaiaiKenja
Daisuke
Kodi
dreamingxashley
redfoxer
ben
Elumi
LordDisa
Kates
AaRoN
Rezeyu
Hideiko_san
roosh
ParanoiaK3
Spaztick

Postby Harisenbon » Thu 08.25.2005 9:24 pm

Spaztick,

I know I came off harsh, but I've had a bad time with the playboy foreigners lately. There are been some incidents at my work an in my town regarding 無礼 foreigners, and I have lost a great deal of patience with people who come to live in Japan and refuse to follow even some of the customs of the country in which they are living.

I also don't it when people ask for things and then degrade the work of people who are trying to help.

Ah well.
Harisenbon

Postby Spaztick » Sat 08.27.2005 11:29 pm

Perfectly understandable. :D (A shame I don't know that in Japanese. I really need to expand my vocab.)
XD At this sig.
Number of people that have: 13
SaiaiKenja
Daisuke
Kodi
dreamingxashley
redfoxer
ben
Elumi
LordDisa
Kates
AaRoN