Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 2007 JLPT 4 kyuu Study Group

2007 JLPT 4 kyuu Study Group

The test - experiences, questions or comments

RE: 2007 JLPT 4 kyuu Study Group

Postby Drkshadow » Wed 05.16.2007 12:10 pm

Yes sure! I will add you to the list! I'm about to update the study group site here shortly. DrkShadow.wordpress.com.
Drkshadow

Postby sei » Wed 05.16.2007 3:16 pm

One thing i was wondering, how many hours per day? It shouldn't be many, speacially since we are doing 2 days per week.

So how about 1 hour per day? Or maybe 1 hours and a half per day?
Questions? Feel free to ask. :)
sei

Native language: Portuguese

Postby Drkshadow » Wed 05.16.2007 5:31 pm

Yea I agree that an 1hr-1hr30min would be cool.
Drkshadow

Postby dreamfragments » Wed 05.16.2007 6:04 pm

Ok. so now we have established Sat and Sunday for about an hour and a half. Would it be possible to have a list of everybody and their available times? Also, how are we going to structure the chats? Will we decide something to be discussed every time or just do whatever...?
dreamfragments

Postby sei » Wed 05.16.2007 6:53 pm

There should be a struture, or else there's no point in it. A subject should be decided on each meeting and we would discuss that. Or part of the meeting could be vocabulary and another part kanji (we could go over each and then make sentences and so, to help memorize and at the same time gain some gramattical strutures)...and so on. But maybe a more experienced person could tell us better.

And the list with the available times...since it's weekends, it might be easier. Here goes mine:

Saturday - From 3pm to 7pm and from 9pm and 12am. (i set a time in the middle since the time i dinner varies and it's around those, so to be safe)

Sunday - From 4pm to 7pm and from 9pm to 11pm.

Of course i don't have all of that time free, but when a time is decided i can work the other things i have to do around that time. :)
Questions? Feel free to ask. :)
sei

Native language: Portuguese

Postby LustBaka » Wed 05.16.2007 7:13 pm

Normally on saturdays i do things in the early mornings, so

Saturdays: about 1pm- 4pm, and 6pm- 8pm.
Sunday: 12pm- 2pm, and 5pm- 8pm.
LustBaka

Postby LustBaka » Wed 05.16.2007 7:15 pm

But yea, like everyone else said, we should have some structure to our chats, like sei said, vocab. then some kanji.
Maybe we could group the kanji with other kanji that have the same meaning.... so it might be slightly easier.

If anyone has any better ideas, please, feel free to crush mine ;)
LustBaka

Postby richvh » Wed 05.16.2007 8:18 pm

You ought to include timezones in those posts of available times, and/or state them in terms of GMT, to make it easier to coordinate.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby TsukimiyaAyu » Wed 05.16.2007 8:40 pm

Perhaps an mIRC room would be best? soretomo yahoo chatto
僕の下手な日本語を許して! 一月から勉強していた

嘘だぁッ!
TsukimiyaAyu

Postby Drkshadow » Wed 05.16.2007 11:34 pm

Ok I'm making an update right now to DrkShadow.wordpress.com.
Drkshadow

Postby ss » Thu 05.17.2007 4:37 am

I am trying to get Coco-san to join us because I know she is fluent in japanese (or if she isn't i know she is wayyyyy past the 4 kyuu level) so she could be of great help if i can get her.

Just read this ........ *can't control myself* :D :D

Drkshadow-san, 初めまして。どうぞよろしく。
Like Rich-san said, I think you should include the time zone as well.
Why not post the name list here ?
Btw, did you send invitation card to ココ姫?

頑張ってください! Ganbatte kudasai ! 請加油!
ss

Native language: English speaking family

Postby Drkshadow » Thu 05.17.2007 8:15 am

I don't know if you are trying to be funny or if you are hating on the group, i.e "can't control myself :D :D". But if you are being a hater right now, your answers are below:

"Like Rich-san said, I think you should include the time zone as well."
- wow...we are wayyyy past this step...as of right now, I have everyones time zones; I'm just trying to decide at this point what would be a good time to start, based off of the time zones that were given to me. Once I decide on a specific time, I will propose it to the group and if they don't like the time that I have proposed then we will have another discussion about what time is good for everyone.

"Why not post the name list here?"
- Because I wanted to create a site just for the people who were going to study for the JLPT 4 kyuu test, to make things easy for us; thus, increasing the overall convenience/experience factor for everybody within the study group. Furthermore, I like the formatting of my page, hands down. With it's use, information will be very easy to find. Like, past posts, comments, study material, downloads and information that we have used in our study sessions...versus having to search through these forums for past/current stuff that won't be put in nice categories for us, so to speak...

But what THIS site will be used for (TheJapanPage.com) once we get started, is study material. The good thing about this site is that it has a superfluous amount of outstanding information on Japan and the Japanese Language, thanks to Clay and Yumi.

"Btw, did you send invitation card to ココ姫"
- Yes...I did send an invitation card to koko-san...how else would I invite her to join our study group??? I'm confused as to why you would ask me this question...

Lastly, I would like to say this. IF you were not being mean or hateful in your post, and I just took it in the wrong way, then I must say that I am dearly sorry for the snappy tone that I have taken with you.

But.

IF in fact you were being hateful or just plain rude in your post, then I am not sorry. And you just got Owned...

-DrkShadow-
Drkshadow

Postby ss » Thu 05.17.2007 9:38 am

Why should I be hateful to your group? I am very much obliged to see someone here that takes pleasure to motivate and encourage others.

Yes, Coco-san is a very friendly and helpful person if you approach her respectfully and invite her to voice her opinion. The way you put it just seemed weird, but nothing serious (as I can understand that you just joined the forum), and I am not making fun of you for sure.

Organizing a study group is certainly not an easy task as you may have understood. The eradication of errors is very important to learners. This is where right teachers and helpers come in. Reviewing an exercise is only useful if the mistakes you make are explained to you so you do not make them in future. This is true learning.

Personally, I don't find any difficulty in searching information like past posts, comments, study material, downloads, etc etc, they are all just within a click on this forum.

While I see others have worked so hard to establish resourceful materials here, you turn some of them into your webpage instead, it does not seem very reasonable. Of course, I think you have the absolute right to do so, if Clay and Zen don't mind about their works being copied, and most importantly, the other members like visiting your website.

I am not trying to fight with you. Calm down and think about it.
ss

Native language: English speaking family

Postby Drkshadow » Thu 05.17.2007 11:24 am

"While I see others have worked so hard to establish resourceful materials here, you turn some of them into your webpage instead, it does not seem very reasonable."
-First of all I am not new to this site this is just another user name of mine. Secondly, I do know koko-san and she is a really nice person, I just haven't spoken to her in awhile so she might of forgotten me by now. The purpose of my web blog is not to turn people away from this webpage. And I think that Clay and Zen would of told me 5 or 6 posts ago if they thought what I was doing was a bad idea...

I just took the initiative to actually start a real study group. Because looking at the forums here and on other Japanese learning sites, people were wanting to start a study group, then they would start going through the process but would never actually hold any study groups. Thus, making the study group idea fail. I assure you and everyone who will be attending that this study group will not fail.

I have called around my area to some of my local foregin language schools and I am working with a Japanese teacher (in her spare time) to create a lesson plan for the study group. So that we may have correct info.

I am really serious about the JLPT this year and I am wanting to do outstanding, so I am going the extra mile for me and my group members...

Everything I am doing, is for the group's benefit. As of right now I have not recieved any complaints about my blog page until you, and you aren't even in the group so....yea....I really don't see how I am being unreasonable for having a blog page for the group.

If you would of actually read the recent post on the group study site or a past post on these fourms, you would of known that I reference TheJapanesePage.com. I also state that we will use this page for a study tool to help us out. I mean come on...who would not want to use the information on this site? its some of the best information out there. I think that you should hold all comments until the study group starts actually holding the study sessions.

I am a HUGE supporter of this site. I have donated and even bought books and other educational supplies in the past from their store...so if you have not done any of this yet, please don't start telling me what's reasonable and what's not.

Lastly...I don't fight with people.

*Message to Clay and Zen*
I think you guys might have to unfortunately close this post down due to flaming. If you do then that ok with me. I just don't feel like having a flame war on here...

-DrkShadow-
Drkshadow

Postby tanuki » Thu 05.17.2007 12:18 pm

Drkshadow wrote:
I just took the initiative to actually start a real study group. Because looking at the forums here and on other Japanese learning sites, people were wanting to start a study group, then they would start going through the process but would never actually hold any study groups. Thus, making the study group idea fail. I assure you and everyone who will be attending that this study group will not fail.

I just thought I should mention that we did have a successful study group for JLPT4 last year. And we are planning a study group for JLPT3 for this year.
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

PreviousNext

Return to Japanese Language Proficiency Test