Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Pics thread 〜2〜

Pics thread 〜2〜

NO SPAM ALLOWED! Discuss stuff not related to Japan or Japanese. The rules are the same in this forum as in the other forums.

RE: Pics thread 〜2〜

Postby tanuki » Wed 05.16.2007 1:02 pm

What's the correct preposition to use? On women? At women?
僕の下手な日本語を直してください。
tanuki

Postby Dehitay » Wed 05.16.2007 1:31 pm

probly 'on women'

I want to grow my hair to that length too. Right now it falls to the bottom of my shoulderblades. Also, it turns out, you don't have to take as much care of your hair when you braid it (which is why I braid mine). However, if you slack of with it as much as me, it becomes hell to comb.
www.bananamonkeyninja.com
The only webcomic endorsed by Banana Monkey Ninja
Dehitay

Native language: English

Postby lalaith » Wed 05.16.2007 2:24 pm

tanuki wrote:
Nice photo, lalaith! I bet maintaining all that hair must take a lot of time, you sure have commitment. :)

Glad you liked it, Jorgeさん.

Washing it takes a while (and uses a lot of shampoo). If I braid it like it was in the picture, it takes about an hour to do the braiding.

I like long hair very much. But only in women.

I like long hair on a man, if he keeps it neat. I also like short hair on a man. I even like no hair on a man, as bald can be sexy too. It all depends on the man.
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to help
(")_(") him gain world domination.
lalaith

Postby flammable hippo » Wed 05.16.2007 3:35 pm

Do you have any pictures you can post of you with your parents?

Here's one I found. Strangely all of the not horrible photos of me are from my Florida trip :D. It's a year old, but I look pretty much the same. My hair might have gotten a tad bigger though.

And I figured you for already being 18 based on your size.

I get that a lot ;). Without my shoes on I'm 6'3'' so I tower over most people. However, I haven't grown much at all in about a year so I think I've reached my full height. Tallness runs in my family. I have a cousin in Cyprus who's about 6'6 or 6'7 and on my mom's side (which is mostly German) a lot of them are pretty tall. My sister too, she's only 10 but I think she might be about 5'4''

By the way, your baby sister is awfully cute -- beautiful eyes.

Thanx although you haven't seen her dark side lol. My mother, sister and I all have the same greenish-bluish eyes while my dad has dark brown. The three of us tend to get a lot of compliments about it :p.
Last edited by flammable hippo on Wed 05.16.2007 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Postby lalaith » Wed 05.16.2007 3:56 pm

flammable hippo wrote:
Here's one I found. Strangely all of the not horrible photos of me are from my Florida trip :D. It's a year old, but I look pretty much the same. My hair might have gotten a tad bigger though.

My mother, sister and I all have the same greenish-bluish eyes while my dad has dark brown. The three of us tend to get a lot of compliments about it :p.

You have your dad's nose. But I see your mom in the shape of your jaw, the ears, even the eyebrows from what I can see of your mom's. Even though your mom isn't smiling as big as you, I think the smiles are alike. Plus, as you said, you have her eyes. (That eye color really stands out against your complexion.) From that picture I can't really tell whose hair you and your sister have.

And I figured you for already being 18 based on your size.

I get that a lot ;). Without my shoes on I'm 6'3'' so I tower over most people. However, I haven't grown much at all in about a year so I think I've reached my full height. Tallness runs in my family. I have a cousin in Cyprus who's about 6'6 or 6'7 and on my mom's side (which is mostly German) a lot of them are pretty tall. My sister too, she's only 10 but I think she might be about 5'4''

6'3"? I don't feel bad about having mistaken your age. That's tall. It's a good height. Tall, but not too tall. 6'6" or 6'7" and you can have real trouble finding clothes and fitting into airplane seats.

(Your 10 year old baby sister is only an inch shorter than me. She'll dwarf me when she gets her full growth. Course, my mom was only 4'11" {some of her shortness was due to malnutrition}, so I tell myself, at 5'5" I didn't do so bad.)
Last edited by lalaith on Wed 05.16.2007 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lalaith

Postby witega » Wed 05.16.2007 4:12 pm

tanuki wrote:
What's the correct preposition to use? On women? At women?

'on women' would be more common in this context (hair or clothes, something that is literally 'on' the object), but 'in' was not incorrect so far as the idiom goes: I like curiosity, but only in women.
witega

Postby flammable hippo » Wed 05.16.2007 4:13 pm

so I tell myself, at 5'5" I didn't do so bad

5'5" is a good height. You're pretty much in the middle. I think that 5'6'' might be the average for women in the US, I'm not sure, I'll have to look that up. But I'm sure with heels you could easily make it up to 5'7" ;).

At my height, every so often you find a door or two that you can't get through without ducking and I'm almost always guaranteed to lose at a game of limbo. People always suggest that I should do basketball (actually it's the first thing about 90% of people say when they meet me) but I'm not too into it and quite frankly, I'm rather bad :).
Two muffins were baking in an oven. One turns to the other and says "sure is hot in here." The other replies "AH TALKING MUFFIN!"

二つのマフィンがオーブンで焼かれていた。片方のマフィンがもう一方のマフィンに向かって、"暑いね”と言った。すると、話しかけられたほうのマフィンは"アッ!喋るマフィンだ!”と驚いた。 :)
flammable hippo

Postby two_heads_talking » Wed 05.16.2007 4:38 pm

hippo it's between 5'3 and 5'6 depending on region..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

take a look here and scroll down alot..
two_heads_talking

Postby Strawberry_Juice » Wed 05.16.2007 10:13 pm

Haha, I'm 5' 9"... pardon me if this sounds rude, but that made navigating crowds in Japan pretty easy. :p

Makes it hard to find jeans that fit properly, though. Women's clothing sizes are evil. Everything I find is either too short in the leg and comfortable in the waist or comfortable in the leg and too big in the waist. Bah. :@
Strawberry_Juice

Postby lalaith » Wed 05.16.2007 11:07 pm

flammable hippo wrote:
5'5" is a good height. You're pretty much in the middle. I think that 5'6'' might be the average for women in the US, I'm not sure, I'll have to look that up. But I'm sure with heels you could easily make it up to 5'7"

I made it past average!
USA 162.0 cm 5 ft 3.7 in (by 1.55 inches, I'm counting my 1/4 inch)

flammable hippo wrote:
At my height, every so often you find a door or two that you can't get through without ducking and I'm almost always guaranteed to lose at a game of limbo.

I'd pay money to see you, at 6'3", trying to go under a limbo pole.

flammable hippo wrote:
People always suggest that I should do basketball (actually it's the first thing about 90% of people say when they meet me) but I'm not too into it and quite frankly, I'm rather bad .

I've never understood that automatic "You're tall -- You should play basketball" connection. I've never once said that to a tall guy. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I don't care about basketball.

Strawberry_Juice wrote:
Haha, I'm 5' 9"... pardon me if this sounds rude, but that made navigating crowds in Japan pretty easy.

Makes it hard to find jeans that fit properly, though. Women's clothing sizes are evil. Everything I find is either too short in the leg and comfortable in the waist or comfortable in the leg and too big in the waist. Bah.

Good. Makes up for you being 5'9", you tall person you. :)

I, on the other hand, have no trouble buying clothes. Nice to know there are some advantages to being a average height and a standard size. I just grab a 4 or a 6 off the rack and they'll fit. I can even buy clothes on-line based on measurements.

Two_heads_talking are we going to see your pic in this thread someday? I'd like to know if you really do look like the man in black.
lalaith

Postby JingaiShido » Thu 05.17.2007 10:19 am

SEI SEI SEI!

Hangin with my J-Crew.
JingaiShido

Postby Travis » Sun 05.27.2007 10:36 pm

Here is a pic of me if anyone cares to see.....it was taken a while ago but it is the newist one i have i hope you enjoy it.

P.S. i lost about 20 lbs. and i don't have the go T anymore. the scond photo has me on the right my mom in the middle and my little bro on the left ( i know he ain't so little)
live life to its fullest!!!
Travis

Postby JingaiShido » Tue 06.05.2007 1:14 am

JingaiShido

Postby lemonaid » Tue 06.05.2007 3:01 am

JingaiShido, not bad. Not bad at all. I'd like to try shido if I had enough time. Sadly I only have time to stick to one martial art. It's a shame. Do you have any more videos?
Served best arctic
lemonaid

Postby lalaith » Tue 06.05.2007 9:34 am

Is it just on my monitor or does the large size of the pictures JingaiShido posted mess up anyone else's page layout?
lalaith

PreviousNext

Return to General off topic