Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 月宮あゆ and a chat log

月宮あゆ and a chat log

Spotted any errors or found anything that doesn't work?

月宮あゆ and a chat log

Postby coco » Tue 06.05.2007 4:46 am

Zen-san, Rich-san, I suspect 月宮あゆ came to the chat roomby using other name.
I talked about this to Mys-san, a chat room mod, Mys-san also suspects he is 月宮あゆ.

Are you able to check his IP by his chat user name?
So far, although he didn't make BIG troubles yet on the chat room, I'm afraid it will be a trouble soon or later.
----
To someone who was shocked by disclosure of the chat log.

BTW, if there is anything in the logs that you wish wasn't... send me a PM or a IM message and i will edit the logs to remove anything that shouldn't be there. i understand that some people may not have been aware that logs were being kept, and may have sent some information that should not be public/kept forever. so if there is anything you wish removed, let me know and i'll make it go *poof*.

From this thread.
I think he will kindly edit some logs .
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

RE: 月宮あゆ and a chat log

Postby richvh » Tue 06.05.2007 7:04 am

I don't think I can check that, but if you can provide the date, approximate time and chatroom he was in, Zen may be able to find out something. I'm not sure how much it will tell us; this rascal seems to be using IP spoofing software to get back in here despite IP bans.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby coco » Tue 06.05.2007 7:22 am

Thank you for your reply, Rich-san.
I'll send PM to Zen-san and you.
At least he won't be able to use the same chat username which wasn't on the Forum member's list.
coco

Postby zengargoyle » Tue 06.05.2007 10:54 am

edit: almost forgot, you can always check the Current Chatroom Users page and find the real TJP login name...

maybe Pandion is weird, but with Gaim when a moderator/admin joins a room they are given a list of the *real* names of people in the room. something like:

(06:54:10) バカ [zengargoyle@chat.thejapanesepage.com] entered the room.

so any owner/moderator/admin of a room can find out who a person really is. you might just have to play with Pandion a bit to find the right buttons to press to get to the info. or maybe like Gaim, the easy way is to leave the room and come back... Gaim will give you a list of everybody in the room when you enter.

in the same configuration panel where you enable logging, there's an option that will allow anyone in the room to see the real name. on Gaim's room config screen it says: Present real JIDs to (moderators only | anyone). on older versions of Gaim it was a checkbox: Make Room Semi-Anonymous. if you fiddle with this option you can always find out who a person in the chat room really is.

otherwise, except for the HTML logs which don't seem to show real names, the server does not log any chatroom comings and goings. (or any IM messages either.) all that is logged on the server is the initial login and then the logout.

anyway, as long as TJP members are automatically allowed to use the chat, there's no real way to deal with trolls other than to ignore them. even if you ban them, they can just create a new account and come back.
Last edited by zengargoyle on Tue 06.05.2007 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
zengargoyle

Postby coco » Tue 06.05.2007 2:03 pm

Thank you Zen-san.
Despite his username, not only me but also many members can find who is 月宮あゆ, I suppose.
And we can use the password when it is needed.
coco

Postby zengargoyle » Thu 06.07.2007 12:45 am

coco wrote:
To someone who was shocked by disclosure of the chat log.

i have added the 'magic' that should keep Google/Yahoo/etc from indexing the chat room logs. eventually i hope to make the logs available to TJP members only, and add some sort of search function available to TJP members only. it is just too hard to do this at the current time, in another month or two it will be easer to do.

anyway, please know that personal Instant Messages between users are not logged anywhere. and by default, chatrooms are not logged (you have to enable logging when configuring the room). so you can send IM's without worrying that they will turn up in a Google search, and if you want a chatroom that does not get logged... do not enable logging.

if you wish to know, check the Who's Chatting Now page (over to the left under the Navigation panel), this page will show you all of the public chatrooms and will tell you if they are logged or not.
zengargoyle

Postby coco » Thu 06.07.2007 3:58 am

zengargoyle wrote:
i have added the 'magic' that should keep Google/Yahoo/etc from indexing the chat room logs.

That's great. Thank you, Zen-san.
We really appreciate we owe you everything around the chat room and Wagawiki.
coco

Postby coco » Mon 06.11.2007 2:34 am

Although needless to say about Fuyunoyuki, I noticed TsukimiyaAyu is on the member list too. I thought his name was removed from the members list when he was banned.

Zen-san, a banned person can use the chat room by his banned member ID?

お手数をおかけしてすみません。
coco

Postby coco » Tue 06.12.2007 7:51 am

Registered Members: 15004
Newest Member: tunghien (tunghein User Number = 15035)

somewhere along the line 31 accounts have been deleted for some reason or another.

Since after reading this, quoted from this thread, I thought banned membere' number was deleted.
now it shows
Registered Members: 22285
Newest Member: xenu1970 (xenu1970 User Number =22321)

Maybe I did misread your post.
Anyway, I think we will be able to deal with trolls.
Thanks Zen-san.
coco

Return to Problems