Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Ninja Warrior!

Ninja Warrior!

Discuss Japanese movies and music.

Ninja Warrior!

Postby Ino » Tue 01.30.2007 3:19 pm

Ok so there is this game show type thing from Japan on the G4 channel called Ninja Warrior. Oh my gosh!! I love it so much!! It's not even really all that cool, but I'm soo in to it. My favorite is Bunpei Shiratori. For those of you who've seen it, which contestant is your favorite?
Ino

RE: Ninja Warrior!

Postby two_heads_talking » Tue 01.30.2007 5:09 pm

i like the contestants that can't make it past the first set of obstacles, especially when they are very well known olympic athletes.. lol
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby Kashin » Tue 06.05.2007 4:09 am

I love "サスケ"! I watched a 48hour+ Marathon on G4 while I was sick with pneumonia. It resurrected my obsessive love for Japan.

My favorite competitor is Takeda Toshihiro (竹田敏浩) mainly because he's amazing, I respect firefighters so much and he looks exactly like a Japanese version of my cousin.

Next is Nagano Makoto (長野 誠) besides him being the current champion, he really grew on me while I watched the marathon that weekend.

And third is Yamamoto Shingo (山本進悟) I think he was one of the finalists in the first episode I ever saw. He's cool being in every competition and he's a hard worker on and off of Midoriyama-san.
What good is a farmer who tills the soil, but forgets the seed?

~落ち葉は風を恨まない~
Kashin

Postby SenescenceReign » Wed 06.06.2007 9:49 pm

[center]Heaven help me, but I can't remember the name of my favorite. He's the gas station manager... It's been fun watching him grow, not only in strength but even in his position at work. Also, the young juggler that they had on every show for a long while, who I think is still the youngest competitor to ever pass stage one. [/center]
SenescenceReign

Postby Kashin » Thu 06.07.2007 5:25 am

The gas station manager is Shingo Yamamoto (as the american version calls him) and I completely agree with you.

I can't remember that kid's name. I remember seeing him too, it was really amazing. I tried to do some juggling like that and it's harder than it looks. He's the one that built the little model of the course in his room too, isn't he?

~落ち葉は風を恨まない~
Kashin

Postby Groccoli » Sun 06.10.2007 8:33 pm

Kashin wrote:

I can't remember that kid's name....

Daisuke Nakata?
Groccoli

Postby Kashin » Mon 06.11.2007 5:15 am

That actually sounds right. It's hard for me to remember contestants who aren't the real frequent ones. They don't have to be big winners, they've just got to be familiar. Just think of Mr. Octopus!

(my 50th post! Awwwaight! :D)
Last edited by Kashin on Mon 06.11.2007 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

~落ち葉は風を恨まない~
Kashin

Postby SenescenceReign » Mon 06.11.2007 6:25 pm

Kashin wrote:

Daisuke Nakata?

[center]That's the bugger! Thank you so much for your help!!!!

Yeah, no, that juggling is super hard!

But on a not-juggling note, I really wish they would have all of our favorite All Stars compete... in the Women's Ninja Warrior! I know it's unrealistic for a lot of reasons, but I just keep imagining Bunpei going over the trampoline-balance course... And Nagano on the domino bridge![/center]
SenescenceReign

Postby Obsessed_Saru » Mon 06.11.2007 8:52 pm

I watched the womens course, that one by far was my favorite. It was funny because not a single one that I saw made it past the first stage. It was also kind of painfull though...they kept going up the rope ladder wrong...(you have to go up sideways...) :D Yeah, I'm really obsessed with Ninja Warrior. I don't really have favorite contestant...except if there's an old guy...then he's my favorite. ;)
There are no dumb questions, therefore, they are all of equal stupidity.
Obsessed_Saru

Postby MarchingTwinkie3 » Tue 07.03.2007 1:00 am

Groccoli wrote:
Kashin wrote:

Daisuke Nakata?

Nakata is actually a trampolinist. He's the first competitor that I was able to recognise. The (really) young juggler is Kouta Honma (sp?).

I love the show. Nagano is SO sexy. And Yamamoto's cute, too. I always root for Yamada, though, because I really want him to achieve his dream! :D
MarchingTwinkie3

Postby shingogirlJ116 » Thu 11.01.2007 6:00 pm

I love Ninja Warrior (Sasuke) It's the greatest thing I've ever seen! My absolute favorite contestant is Shingo Yamamoto, he is awesome! He's the only person to have been in every competition and even when he's messed up in the first stage (or any of them, for that matter)I still think he will one day emerge victorious! Go Shingo! I also find him completely adorable and very sexy. He is always upbeat and almost always smiling-that's my favorite thing about him. Shintoism? Shingoism! I worship at your gas station! :D
Jennifer Pazmino
shingogirlJ116

Postby Groccoli » Thu 11.01.2007 9:11 pm

MarchingTwinkie3 wrote:
Groccoli wrote:
Kashin wrote:

Daisuke Nakata?

Nakata is actually a trampolinist. He's the first competitor that I was able to recognise. The (really) young juggler is Kouta Honma (sp?).

I love the show. Nagano is SO sexy. And Yamamoto's cute, too. I always root for Yamada, though, because I really want him to achieve his dream! :D

Yeah you're right. I realized it but never posted back here :P I didn't know his name either. Thanks.
Groccoli

Postby everdream » Sun 11.11.2007 3:44 pm

I watch it sometimes on challenge, the last round looks so hard, especially the globe crossing thing!
everdream

Postby noisyturtle » Sun 11.11.2007 6:06 pm

I don't remember his name but he was some foreign Olympic decathlete, I think he was an American. Any way he was about 6'1" 190lbs. The whole time he was competing the announcer was talking about his size.
"I don't know if he can do it he is so big... his size puts him at a disadvantage to the others... oh no his large size seems to be weighing him down" and things like that. I just thought this was so weird because he wasn't that big.
He ended up making it to the third stage though which no one passed.
noisyturtle

Postby Hatori » Sun 11.11.2007 8:57 pm

I love this show! I watch it with my best friend and we love the gas station guy! I don't know why, but whenever we watch it always seems to be the female competition. But, I don't have cable, but it's a good television treat. B)
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Next

Return to Japanese Movies and Music