揚げ足を取る to find fault with someone
- ageashi o toru
- to find fault with someone
- harada san wa hito no ageashi bakari toru node, tanoshii kaiwa ga dekinai.
- Since Harada is always making fun of the mistakes of others, it is hard to have a pleasant conversation.
- 原田さん harada san - Harada (a common Japanese family name)
- は wa - (the topic marker--sets "Harada" as the main topic of the sentence.)
- 人の hito no - people's [here it means "other people's"]
- ばかり bakari - nothing but; always (picking on others)
- ので node - that being the case; because of
- 楽しい tanoshii - fun; enjoyable
- 会話 kaiwa - conversation
- が ga - (the subject marker--sets "an enjoyable conversation" as what can't be done.)
- できない dekinai - can't; can't be done