Japanese Idiom 朝飯前 child's play; cinch; no sweat; piece of cake
- asa meshi mae
- child's play; cinch; no sweat; piece of cake
- This is a fancy way to say, 簡単 kantan--easy.
- Literally, "before breakfast." Because breakfast is usually one of the first activities of the day, the time before break-fast is short. Only easy things can be accomplished during that time.
- shougakusei no shukudai wo tetsudau nante, koukousei no boku niwa asameshimae da.
- Helping an elementary school kid with his homework is no sweat for a high schooler like me.
- 小学生 shougakusei -- elementary school student [小学校 shougakkou elementary school]
- の no -- (possessive marker)
- 宿題 shukudai -- homework
- を wo -- (direct object marker)
- 手伝う tetsudau -- to help
- なんて nante -- such a thing as [used to emphasize how easy the speaker thinks it is; like an exclamation]
- 高校生 koukousei -- hig