Using Japanese Siri on your iPhone 4s
If you have an iPhone 4s, play around with the Japanese Siri even if you are still a beginner. It's fun!
- Go to Settings
- Tap General
- Tap Siri
- Change the language to Japanese
It may take a few minutes to download the language files, but it works remarkably well. Well, it works well for what it is intended to do.
- As with English, speak slowly and clearly (pay special attention to the small tsu and long vowels)
- When speaking English names from your address book, remember to read them like they are written in katakana.
I asked it;
- onamae wa?
- "What is your name?"
and it replied;
- namae desu ka? Siri desu.
- "My name? I'm Siri."
The only problem is "Siri" with the Japanese pronunciation sounds like "shiri" which means butt. "I am Butt."
Next, I did what any man would do upon hearing her lovely voice: I asked her to marry me.
- kekkon shite kudasai.
- "Will you marry me?"
- mada otagai no koto wo hotondo shiranai janai desu ka.
- "The two of us hardly know each other."