(→Some Random Note)
(→Some Random Note)
|Line 59:||Line 59:|
--[[User:Coco|Coco ]] :, 27 January 2007 (EST)
Revision as of 02:39, 28 January 2007
Coco-san, you are fast ! J^.^Lvv
I think TJP or Wagawiki should announce that Chat log will be opened. I wonder if participations are happy to release chat logs or not. Actually some of them chatted about his/her personal information. They didn't suppose that logs will be put on the website. --Coco 10:35, 17 November 2006 (EST)
A very good morning to you Coco-san ! I’m not sure which logs you are referring to, but I think it’s not necessary to keep logs of JLPT4 study group after we have completed all the sessions. We may probably need Captain Zen to do some magic on that. (Edit: Appreciated Zen-san's help on keeping the logs for those that need them) ---- Shirley Sia 09:33, 18 November 2006 (SST)
こんにちはSSさん。Thank you for your reply. Ｉ think JLPT4 logs are okay because we already knew the chat logs are opened on the web. and topics of the room are limited. I was talking about the logs of"Japanese class room" or others.
--Coco 01:50, 18 November 2006 (EST)
Ah, I had no idea that logs of all rooms were saved (I'd just seen the logs of the JLPT4 study group). I agree that some people wouldn't be happy to know what they write can be seen by everyone. What can be done? --tanuki
Konnnichiha minasan I know that im not a frequent guest on chatt lately but im 100% with coco chan and Tanuki san, we shouldnt keep our private talks logs at all, moderators please delete these logs, unfortunately I was one of the persons that did not know that logs are made and kept, and I was talking about stuff that wasnt connected with JLPT lvl4. In my humble opinion from now on only LVL4 room logs should be made and kept but topic in this room should always warn all users that LOG is beeing made, other room logs shouldnt be made at all. Im sorry for my poor english, fell free to correct my post(correct not change ;-) )
こんにちはCocoさん。I see. lol.. I didn't even notice there were logs for J-class and others !! We asked for the logs because we really found some of the explanation good and clear (and for revision obviously). Other than that, I don’t see any reason we should read log of others’ conversation! ^_^" --- SS 15:05, 19 Novemeber 2006
maybe this is a U.S. thing, but as far as i am concerned, public chatrooms have no expectation of privacy. it is routine to log all public group chat rooms, and to possibly make those records public. on the TJP chatrooms, it is up to the room Owner/Creator to decide whether or not the room will be logged. since i created the 'lounge' and 'chat_in_japanese' rooms, i made them logged. these public rooms that are sorta directly approved by TJP should be logged at the server side to prevent abuse. without logging it would be a 'he said' vs 'she said' argument should some sort of abuse occur. these group chat rooms are no different than the forums. they are public.
however, rest assured... private 'person to person' chat (aka IM) are not logged in any way. private 'person to person' is private (but many chat clients allow logging of conversation on client side.).
so... public TJP rooms (lounge, chat_in_japanese) are logged and not private. for other rooms it is up to the room creator to decide whether or not to log. if you want a private group chat, create a room and do not enable logging (logging is disabled by default).
there is no easy way to make logs only available to users of a certain chat room. they are either open to everybody, or they are not. there is no inbetween.
if you want a warning to all users that group chat rooms may be logged, give me a translation into Japanese of the warning message and i'll make it the 'new user' message that everybody recieves the first time they join chat. :)
- OK，this is a first draft of mine. please discuss this with other admins．
常設チャットルームでのログは公開が前提です。したがって不特定多数の閲覧者に知られることで不都合が生じると思われる個人情報(メールアドレスなどを含む)についてチャットで話す際は、充分にご注意ください。--Coco 15:20, 20 November 2006 (EST)
- OK, done! i've asked the Admin people to take a look here and think about things... on a side point, i've been in contact with the chat server software developers and with their help i've found a good place to add some new code. if all goes well, when you join a 'logging enabled' chatroom you will get a message (just like the history and current room members list) that says: "this room has logging enabled, see this URL for more information." so when people join a 'logging enabled' room they will know that logging is enabled. i may also try to add an indicator on the Current Chatrooms page to indicate that a room has logging enabled. --Zengargoyle 04:32, 21 November 2006 (EST)
Thank you, zen-san.
i may also try to add an indicator on the Current Chatrooms page to indicate that a room has logging enabled
It would be good idea. :)--Coco 05:13, 21 November 2006 (EST)
- done! :) i'll try and make a wiki page or something with more information and place a link on the Current Chatrooms page. but for now... the Current Chatrooms page just says: "This room is logged." i'm wating to hear from chat software developers, i may have found a bug! but my test server now warns when joining chatroom if 'logging' is enabled. maybe over this holiday weekend i will fix and restart server to provide warnings. --Zengargoyle 22:49, 21 November 2006 (EST)
zenさん。Current Chatrooms pageを拝見しました。ありがとうございました。お手数をおかけしますが、引き続きよろしくお願いいたします。--Coco 00:38, 22 November 2006 (EST)
Some Random Note
日曜日なら、朝８時(イギリス時間)からいつでも大丈夫です。--Chchan45 17:36, 17 August 2006 (EDT)
SS-san, are you able to chat on 28th 21:00 in your time? if Chchan san is possible to join, let's talk about your father's essay. --Coco 21:39, 27 January 2007 (EST)
I thought someone can edit chat log when the log is uploaded. But it doesn't seem so. It would be better to be more careful about copyright when we chat. 通じるかな? ^^;--Coco 15:43, 20 November 2006 (EST)
- I think I know what you are referring to. I will ask xx-san to delete the documents away. ^^v ----Shirley 14:00, 22 November 2006
Color Text HowTo
- Coco-san, see, Zengargoyle is our 寶貝!
i think you can use this too if it's more familiar.
aqua, black, blue, fuchsia, gray, green, lime, maroon, navy, olive, purple, red, silver, teal, white, and yellow
- white (white)
--Zengargoyle 19:27, 1 September 2006 (EDT)