Things to remember
- Mike Cash's post regarding ように見える.
- Yudan's post regarding い type adjectives with き ending.
- Do (verb1) instead of (verb 2) ing (V2) もせずに (V1) している。
- が in negative sentences.
- 「… ということです(よ)ね。」 (… ってことです(よ)ね) is useful phrase. When you think you understand what the speaker said but still need to confirm his/her intention, ですよね/ですね is used. If you are still not sure what the speaker meant, ということですか? is suitable.
- Basically か is pretty rough when used in plain sentences. だい and かい are a bit less harsh. Note that かい is for yes/no questions while だい is for what/who/which type 'wh' questions.
- Oyaji's post about しらない with "don't come crying to me" translation.
- jt's explanation of も and でも here is interesting.
Media of interest
Some media that I want to check out at some point in the future.
- Mushishi (anime)
- Daa daa daa (anime), might make good listening comprehension because of it's young target audience.
- Samurai trilogy