Kanji: 山 mountain
JLPT N5: 61 / 100 | 3 Strokes
- 凵 (a pictogram of a cave ) with a line through it
- But this is easy enough to see as a mountain range
- Think of it as a mountain range with three peaks.
- 火山 ka zan—a volcano [lit. fire mountain]
- 富士山 fuji san—Mt. Fuji [contrary to popular belief the “san” in “fujisan” is not “Mr.” “ Fujisan” does not mean, “Mr. Fuji”.]
- ごみの山 gomi no yama—a mountain of garbage
- 山 yama—a mountain
fujisan ni nobotta koto ga arimasu ka?
Have you climbed Mt. Fuji before?
- 富士山 Mt. Fuji
- に (indicates direction)
- 登ったことがあります To have climbed [the ことがある construction means "to have done". Click here for more on this.]
- か (question marker)
Study another JLPT N5 Kanji