Welcome and Thank you so much for the subscription of Makoto!
Friday, November 20th, 2020
- 11/20/20 – New Haiku by Iida Dakotsu – See Here
- 11/20/20 – New Section: Sleep Stories | Akutagawa’s Hana
- 11/19/20 – New Beginning Japanese Phrases Podcast/Video – Click Here
- 11/18/20 – New Intermediate Sentence – Click Here
- 11/18/20 – New Beginning Sentence – Click Here
- 11/16/20 New Nihongo no Tane Podcast/Video – Click Here [Now includes downloadable PDF and English translations]
- 11/13/20 New Haiku
Please bookmark this page. This will be where you will find the latest issue, current coupon, and other freebies included with your subscription. Explore all your membership has to offer by using the menu at the top of the page. You can also return to this page from any other page by clicking on the Members Area link in the top menu.
This Month’s Makoto e-Zine
Here is the newest Makoto e-Zine issue:
Click the Download button above to save all the files to your computer. Unfamiliar with Dropbox? Scroll to the bottom to learn how to download your files. Still having trouble? Click here to download a zip file of the latest issue. [Dropbox is recommended for mobile users]
The “View the Web Version” button is great for mobile viewing. See “Makoto Issues” in the menu at the top for all back issues.
Podcasts with Exclusive Content
Learn important vocabulary and breakdown an example sentence using that vocabulary word. For beginners to upper beginners. Makoto+ members get vocabulary notes and sound files.
A podcast for upper beginners to intermediates. Listen to Yumi talk about… whatever she wants to talk about. Follow along with the transcript and study the key vocabulary words. The transcript and vocabulary list is exclusive for Makoto+ members–thank you!
Sleep Stories with Exclusive Content
This Week’s Special Discount:
Take $5 off any of our bundles
Normal price: $9.99-$16
Instant Gratification | No Shipping Charges | Free Updates for Life
PLEASE NOTE: You won’t see the discount until the final page at checkout (but before you pay); if for some reason you don’t see the $5 off, please let me know.
This Month’s Coupon
And use this exclusive coupon to receive 20% off anything at TheJapanShop.com. Please note, this coupon will not work with other coupons (such as the special discount above)
This month’s 20% off coupon:
(Just click on the coupon code above to have it automatically applied at checkout)
Additional Content and Downloads
As a Makoto+ Shogun member, you have complete and unlimited access to all our material in web format. However, check this page every month for special downloadable content including full eBooks.
Click on the images below to download additional content. Each month, we will rotate freebies as a bonus and thank you for your support!
New Yokai Reader book: Mermaids with eBook formats and Sound Files
Vocabulary Lesson with Crossword Worksheet
Note About the Dropbox Links
You will be redirected to a Dropbox folder. If you are on a mobile device, feel free to browse and open any files directly in the link above. If you are on a computer, you may want to click the “Download” button at the top right and download the zip file of everything at once.
We recommend using the PDF versions on larger screens like computers, laptops, and tablets (it just looks better), but if you have a smaller screen (your phone), either the ePub or Kindle MOBI eBook formats may be best.
Please let me know if you have any questions or problems.Thank you,Clay & Yumi
*** FAQ ***
How do I cancel?
I don’t know about you, but when I sign up for a membership, how to cancel is the first piece of information I look for. 🙂 While we would prefer for you to stick around for the long term–and we will work hard to make this a much greater value than the actual cost!–we want to make cancellation as simple as possible.
- CREDIT CARD: If you signed up by credit card, go to your Account Page and you should see a “cancel” link. That will stop the automatic payment. You will have access until the end of your term.
- PAYPAL: If you signed up by PayPal, follow these steps:
- 1. Log in to your PayPal account. 2. Click “Profile” at the top of the page. 3. Click “My Money” then click Update beside “My preapproved payments” to find your payment. Select the payment, and then click Cancel.
If you bought the annual subscription but are unhappy or can’t use it, please contact us for a refund on the unused portion. We want you to be completely happy with your membership!
I am having trouble with Firefox on my Android
- We have reports that Firefox on Android mobile devices may not display the Japanese correctly. We are in touch with the developers, but at this moment, we recommend using Chrome instead.
How do I make the font bigger?
- We have plans to add dynamic features like “increase or decrease the font size” but for now, you can make the entire browser larger by pressing Control + (or Cmd + on a Mac). We are also hoping to add a “turn off/on romaji” button. 🙂
Is this different from TheJapanShop.com?
- Yes, you will still access any purchased material (including downloads) via your TheJapanShop.com account (just email us if you have any trouble). This new Makoto+ membership site will have some downloads each month (including, of course, the newest Makoto issue), but its main feature is the web-based content which is accessible online.
Meet the Team
The Head 班長 (hanchou)
Editor, Translator, & Japanese Grammar Superwoman
Yumi’s Assistant & Owner of TheJapanShop.com
Clay & Yumi started TheJapanShop.com in 2002 mostly selling Japanese textbooks and electronic dictionaries.
Have questions? Contact us here.
Webmaster & Superman (whenever the server has trouble)
Makoto e-Zine Editor