油 abura oil
石油 seki yu - oil (black stuff) [I]
jo-, hontou ni abura o utte mo, dare mo shinjite kuremasen yo.
Joe, even when I truly sell oil, no one believes me!
- ジョー jo- - Joe [The cliche bartender]
- 本当に hontou ni - really; truly [This is one of those "if you were lost in Japan with only 100 words" words]
- 誰も dare mo - nobody [the も is often added to show nothing: nanimo = nothing; itsumo = always (never a when)]
- 信じる shinjiru - trust; believe; have faith
- 信じてくれません shinjite kuremasen - won't believe [KUREMASEN actually means won't receive; won't receive belief
- よ yo - emphatic