Kanji: 高 takai Tall
JLPT N5: 51 / 100 | 10 Strokes
Meaning: high; tall; costly
Think of this as a picture of a tall and costly Japanese building
- 最高です the highest; the best; supreme [not to be confused with "psycho"
- 高校生 a high school student
- 高いビル a tall building [note: ビル is taken from the English "building"; "beer" in Japanese is ビール]
The vegetables are expensive.
- 野菜 vegetables
- が (marks what is expensive)
- 高い expensive [of course, this could mean “tall” but the context makes it unlikely.]
- です is; are