For upper beginners to intermediates. Listen to the short podcast and then answer the comprehension questions below.
Yumi started this podcast exactly two years ago and is now on her 100th episode. Today, Yumi talks about several interesting Japanese phrases that include the word 百【ひゃく】 (hundred). #learnJapanese #JapaneseImmersion
- 百回目 the 100th time
- たどり着く to arrive at (after a struggle); to finally reach
- 百貨店 department store
- 百獣の王 King of a hundred beasts (lion)
- 種類 variety; sort; kind
- という意味 such a meaning
- 百戦錬磨 veteran; battle-worn; rich in experience
- 経験を積む to gain experience; to accumulate experiences
- 戦い fight; battle; struggle
- 鍛える to forge; to drill; to train; to discipline
- 百花繚乱 a gathering of many talented people; gathering of many beautiful women; simultaneous emergence of many talents and achievements
- 乱れる to be disordered; to be disarrayed; to be upset; to be confused; to lapse into chaos
- 能力がある人 a person with ability
- 優れた人物 an outstanding person; person of distinction
- 同じ時期に at the same time
- 活躍する to be active; to flourish; to participate actively
- 百回を迎える to reach 100 times; to welcome the 100th time
- 私の気持ち my feelings
- 紹介します to introduce; (I) will introduce
- 続く to continue
- 受験勉強 studying for a test; studying for school entrance exams
- 諦めないで don’t give up
- 最後まで until the end
- 試験 test
- こうやって in this way; like this
- ～気がします I have a feeling that~
- 見たことある (I’ve) seen it before
- 穴を掘る to dig a hole
- あともう一息 just a little more [literally, after one more breath]
- 宝物に届く to reach the treasure
- 隣 next to; next door; neighbor
- 同じように in the same way
- 諦めずに without giving up
- 最後まで until the end
- 手に入れる to obtain; to procure; to get a hold of
- 気持ちはわかります (I) understand the feeling
- 辿り着く to arrive at (after a struggle); to finally reach; to find one’s way to
- ～を目指して aiming for ~
Makoto+ members, please click here for a transcript (with and without Furigana), English translation, key vocabulary words, and a downloadable PDF of the transcript.
If you are not a member, please consider supporting us by becoming a member. You will get instant access to today's transcript as well as the latest Makoto e-zine issue, shadowing sentences, haiku lessons, Japanese tongue twisters, and much more.
Can you answer these questions?
Members have access to over a hundred podcasts with bonus content.
If you are a Makoto+ member, please click here for all the podcasts plus bonus content. Not a Makoto+ member? Please consider supporting us by becoming a member. You will get instant access to ALL podcast transcripts as well as the latest Makoto e-zine issue, shadowing sentences, haiku lessons, Japanese tongue twisters, and much more.
Makoto+ Members Get More
FREE FOR ALL - Limited to the latest 20 episodes
Member Bonus Content - All Episodes