For upper beginners to intermediates. Listen to the short podcast and then answer the comprehension questions below.
Tokyo Subway Sarin Attack
Japan is a very safe country. It is also very clean. Listen as Yumi explains the connection between the lack of garbage cans and public safety. #learnJapanese #JapaneseImmersion
- 先日 the other day
- 我が家 our house; our family
- 長年の友達 long-time friend
- 息子さん (his) son; someone else’s son
- 遊びに来ました came over; came to visit
- 一生懸命 with utmost effort
- 文化や歴史 culture or history
- 禅 Zen Buddhism
- 話題になった became a topic of conversation
- テロを防ぐため in order to prevent terrorism
- 即答 immediate reply
- 地下鉄サリン事件 Tokyo subway sarin gas attck
- オウム真理教 Aum Shinrikyo doomsday cult that mixed elements of Buddhism, Hinduism, and end time Christian beliefs
- 宗教団体 religious group
- 毒ガス poisonous gas
- 一切なくなりました completely disappeared; all gone
- 不思議な国 strange country
- 殺人事件 murder incidents
- 凶悪犯罪 atrocious crimes
- 例がない unprecedented
- 安倍元総理大臣 Former Prime Minister Abe
- 手作りの銃 handmade gun
- 記憶に新しいところです fresh on one’s mind; fresh in one’s memory
- 違法 illegal
- 猟師さん hunter
- 手先が器用な skillful; dexterous with one’s hands
If you are not a member, please consider supporting us by becoming a member. You will get instant access to today's transcript as well as the latest Makoto e-zine issue, shadowing sentences, haiku lessons, Japanese tongue twisters, and much more.
Can you answer these questions?
Members have access to over a hundred podcasts with bonus content.
If you are a Makoto+ member, please click here for all the podcasts plus bonus content. Not a Makoto+ member? Please consider supporting us by becoming a member. You will get instant access to ALL podcast transcripts as well as the latest Makoto e-zine issue, shadowing sentences, haiku lessons, Japanese tongue twisters, and much more.
Makoto+ Members Get More
FREE FOR ALL - Limited to the latest 20 episodes
Member Bonus Content - All Episodes