For upper beginners to intermediates. Listen to the short podcast and then answer the comprehension questions below.
Yumi brought her family to Universal Studios in Orlando and couldn't help but compare the experience to her visit to Universal Studios in California more than two decades ago. Listen and #learnJapanese #JapaneseImmersion
- 遠足 school trip; field trip
- 揃って all together [揃う(to make a full set; to be all present)]
- 街並み cityscape [街 (city; town); 並み (row or line of houses)]
- 再現 recreation; reenactment; reproduction [再 (again); 現 (appearance)]
- 噴くto emit; to spout; to flush
- 人混み crowd of people [混み (mix; blend)]
- 避ける to avoid
- 吐き気を催する to feel nauseated [吐き気 (nausea); 催する (to feel; to hold)]
- 収まる to settle down; to fit into
- 効く to be effective
- 炭酸飲料 carbonated drink [炭酸 (carbonic acid); 飲料 (beverage)]
- 普段 normally; normal
- 仕方がない there is no (other) way
- 足元 one’s feet
- 激しく揺れる to swing violently [激しく(violently); 揺れる (to shake)]
- 休憩を挟む to take a break in-between [休憩 (break; rest); 挟む (to put in-between)]
- 乗り物酔い motion sickness [乗り物 (vehicle; ride); 酔い (intoxication; motion sickness)]
- 若干 somewhat
- ~する訳ではない it’s not that ~ [訳 (reason)]
- 締め付ける to tighten; to fasten tight
If you are not a member, please consider supporting us by becoming a member. You will get instant access to today's transcript as well as the latest Makoto e-zine issue, shadowing sentences, haiku lessons, Japanese tongue twisters, and much more.
Can you answer these questions?
Members have access to over a hundred podcasts with bonus content.
If you are a Makoto+ member, please click here for all the podcasts plus bonus content. Not a Makoto+ member? Please consider supporting us by becoming a member. You will get instant access to ALL podcast transcripts as well as the latest Makoto e-zine issue, shadowing sentences, haiku lessons, Japanese tongue twisters, and much more.
Makoto+ Members Get More
FREE FOR ALL - Limited to the latest 20 episodes
Member Bonus Content - All Episodes