For upper beginners to intermediates. Listen to the short podcast and then answer the comprehension questions below.
Changes I’ve made Part 1
Yumi has made some changes in her life. What do you think she changed? Listen and #learnJapanese #JapaneseImmersion
- あまり～ない (there is ) not so much ~; (I have) not so much ~ [あまりmeans “very” or “much” when used with ～ない]
- これといって nothing special; not worth mentioning [always used with ～ない; “いって” is “言って”, but usually written in hiragana]
- 神様 [God]
- 退屈 boring; dull; boredom [a state where nothing to do to spend time]
- つまんない boring; dull [casual for つまらない ; used when one is not having fun because something one is engaged in is not interesting enough]
- とはいえ but; that said; that being said; having said that [“いえ” is “言え”, and commonly written in hiragana in this phrase]
- 細身 slender; narrow [細 (thin); 身 (body)]
- 外見を気にする worry about the looks/appearance [外見 (looks; appearance); 気にする (worry; pay attention to); a commonly used phrase]
- 観察 する[to observe]
- 自信を持つ have confidence in oneself [自信 (confidence)]
- 瘦せる to lose weight; to become thin
- 戻る to return; to go back
- ～そう seems ~; looks like ~; seems to ~ [“ます-stem + そう” is “it looks like doing ~”]
- 目立つ to stand out; to be noticeable
- 言い訳 excuse
- ～かろうが no matter how ~ [“い-adjective stem + かろうが”; 若 is adjective-stem of 若い (take the い ending);
- 年寄りelderly; elder person
- ～であろうが no matter ~ [“noun/な- adjective + であろうが”]
- 食べる量 the amount to eat; amount of food one eats
If you are not a member, please consider supporting us by becoming a member. You will get instant access to today's transcript as well as the latest Makoto e-zine issue, shadowing sentences, haiku lessons, Japanese tongue twisters, and much more.
Can you answer these questions?
Members have access to over a hundred podcasts with bonus content.
If you are a Makoto+ member, please click here for all the podcasts plus bonus content. Not a Makoto+ member? Please consider supporting us by becoming a member. You will get instant access to ALL podcast transcripts as well as the latest Makoto e-zine issue, shadowing sentences, haiku lessons, Japanese tongue twisters, and much more.
Makoto+ Members Get More
FREE FOR ALL - Limited to the latest 20 episodes
Member Bonus Content - All Episodes