For upper beginners to intermediates. Listen to the short podcast and then answer the comprehension questions below.
Memories of Dogs
Today, Yumi tells us more about her experiences with dogs and cats and why she originally didn't like dogs #learnJapanese #JapaneseImmersion
- 思い出 memories; recollections; reminiscences
- 犬派 dog person [派 (clique; group; faction; party; camp)]
- 猫派 cat person
- 反応が良い responsive; good reaction
- しつけ discipline; training
- おすわり sit (dog command in Japanese)
- お手 shake paw (dog command)
- おかわり shake the other paw (dog command) [this is a command to have a dog place its second paw in one's hand; literally, "another helping" or "refill"]
- 警察犬 police dog
- 番犬 watch dog
- 牧羊犬 sheepdog
- 苦手 not good at; not one's cup of tea; dislike of; cannot stand…
- 恐怖心 fear; terror [literally a heart of fear]
- 幼児期 infancy; childhood; early years
Makoto+ members, please click here for a transcript (with and without Furigana), English translation, key vocabulary words, and a downloadable PDF of the transcript.
If you are not a member, please consider supporting us by becoming a member. You will get instant access to today's transcript as well as the latest Makoto e-zine issue, shadowing sentences, haiku lessons, Japanese tongue twisters, and much more.