For upper beginners to intermediates. Listen to the short podcast and then answer the comprehension questions below.
Speaking in Front of Others
Do you do well speaking in front of others? Today, Yumi talks about giving speeches. #learnJapanese #JapaneseImmersion
- 成人式 coming of age ceremony
- ユダヤ式 Jewish style
- 儀式 ceremony; rite; ritual
- 招待 invitation
- 緊張のあまり was so nervous that; too nervous
- 一時中断 temporary suspension
- ハプニング happening; unexpected incident; unforeseen event; surprising occurrence
- 吐き気を乗り越える to overcome nausea
- 体験 experience
- 吐き気を催す to feel nausea [催す can mean "to hold (an event or party)" or "to feel (sensation; emotion; sickness; etc.)"]
- 演説 speech
If you are not a member, please consider supporting us by becoming a member. You will get instant access to today's transcript as well as the latest Makoto e-zine issue, shadowing sentences, haiku lessons, Japanese tongue twisters, and much more.