For upper beginners to intermediates. Listen to the short podcast and then answer the comprehension questions below.
Cherry Blossom Season
Spring has sprung, and Japan is filled with pink-hued flowers floating in the air. Yumi shares a few of her sakura-related thoughts and memories. #learnJapanese #JapaneseImmersion
- 桜 cherry blossoms
- 花見 flower viewing; meeting others under cherry trees to enjoy talking and drinking while watching the blossoms.
- 満開 full bloom
- 地元 hometown; local area
- 名所 famous places
- 川のほとり river edge
- 川の堤防 river bank; river embankment
- 並木道 tree-lined street
- 毛虫 catepillar
- ソメイヨシノ Yoshino cherry; the most common type of cherry tree in Japan
- 早い者勝ち first come, first served; the early bird catches the worm
- 本格的 seriously; for real; authentic; full-scale
If you are not a member, please consider supporting us by becoming a member. You will get instant access to today's transcript as well as the latest Makoto e-zine issue, shadowing sentences, haiku lessons, Japanese tongue twisters, and much more.