For upper beginners to intermediates. Listen to the short podcast and then answer the comprehension questions below.
Face-to-face Meeting (Motivation)
Today, Yumi shares a meeting with a Makoto+ member who happened to be in town. It was a lot of fun and helped motivate Yumi to keep on doing what she's doing #learnJapanese #JapaneseImmersion
- わざわざ taking the trouble (to do something)
- 海を越えて crossing the sea and
- 有名人 famous person
- 用事 business; tasks; affairs
- 年齢 age
- 鬼滅の刃 Demon Slayer (manga/anime)
- 披露 presentation; displaying
- 自画自賛 self-praise
- 阿部寛 Abe Hiroshi (famous movie and TV star in Japan)
- 日本通 expert of Japan; Japanophile
- 交流 exchange
- 機会があれば whenever (I) have a chance
If you are not a member, please consider supporting us by becoming a member. You will get instant access to today's transcript as well as the latest Makoto e-zine issue, shadowing sentences, haiku lessons, Japanese tongue twisters, and much more.