TheJapanesePage.Com (“the Website”) is owned and operated by Kotoba, Inc. This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions, explain how TheJapanesePage.Com may use information we collect about you, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you. Please read this policy and our Terms and Conditions carefully; by accessing the Website you confirm to have understood and agreed to them.
Information we collect about you
We at TheJapanesePage.Com take privacy of our visitors seriously and we wish to stress that we do not sell any personal information of our visitors from our Website to any third parties. While our website (TheJapanesePage.Com) is a free to access website, we admit that we solicit and collect your information particularly your Names and Email Addresses in exchange for our free giveaways and ebooks.
Using your information
Collecting your personal information helps TheJapanesePage.Com to better understand what you need from us. We use your information to:
- manage and improve the Website.
- improve our contents for your benefits.
- tell you about important changes to the Website.
- understand your behaviour to develop and improve our website.
- manage promotions and surveys.
Information from cookies and similar tracking technologies
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. We assign a different cookie to each device that accesses our website. Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
- Persistent cookies – these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies – these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
- Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
- Opting out: You can opt out of targeted ads served via specific third party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page Click here – OPT OUT HERE
- Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
Using browser settings to manage cookies
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. You can also disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Changes to our policy
We reserve the right to change the policy at any time without further notice.
If you have any queries, please contact us here.