迷 mayo (u) lost, puzzled
迷子 mai go - lost child, be lost [B]
tabeyou ka dou ka mayotteiru aida ni, daizu ga nattou ni nacchatta.
While befuddled whether he should eat or not, the beans became nattou (went bad).
- 食べようかどうか tabeyou ka dou ka - to eat or not to eat [~ かどうか to do something or not || 起きようかどうか okiyou ka dou ka - whether to get (wake) up or not || 愛を告白しようかどうか ai o kokuhaku shiyou ka dou ka - whether to confess your love or not
- 迷っている mayotteiru - puzzling [te iru form of 迷う mayou]
- 間に aida ni - while; during that time
- 大豆 dai zu - soy beans
- 納豆 nattou - natto [fermented soybeans which are said to be quite healthy but stinks like yesterdays socks - See here.]
- になっちゃった ni nacchatta - unfortunately became ~ [from に なる ni naru to become + ～ちゃった ~chatta which means something is completed, but usually shows a bit of remorse over what has occurred. It is casual speech and its more formal counterpart is しまった shimatta which acts and means the same]