Kanji: 二 ni two
Two lines = two, logical!; a little harder, but don’t run for the aspirin yet!)
JLPT N5: 2 / 100 | 2 Strokes
Meaning: two; 2
Mnemonics: Two lines make Two!
- 二 two
- 第二 the second
- 二月 February [the 2nd month]
Is December in Florida pretty hot?
- フロリダ Florida [Foreign (non-Japan) place names and people’s names are written in katakana unless there is a kanji for the name.]
- １２月 December [literally, the month twelve]
- フロリダの１２月 December in Florida [the の shows relationships between words in addition to being the "possessive marker"]
- 暑い hot
- ですか is it? [です copula; か question marker]