Kanji: 前 mae Before
Remember: there is a month in there.
JLPT N5: 33 / 100 | 9 Strokes
Meaning: 1) before; previous; 2) in front of
This versatile word is used with time and space:
- TIME: ago; before; past; previous: 一時間前 (one hour ago)
- SPACE: in front of: 駅前 (in front of the train station)
- 并 (put together) [the top part]
- 月 (moon; month)
- 刂 (knife) [shortened form of 刀]
- 前書き preface [lit. before the writing]
- 二年前 two years ago
- 名前 name
What is your name?
- お名前 (your) name [honorific]
- は as for (topic marker)
- 何 what
- ですか is it?