For upper beginners to intermediates. Listen to the short podcast and then answer the comprehension questions below.
Buying Cars Part 2
Buying cars part 2! Or, how to go to buy one car and buy two instead. Listen and #learnJapanese #JapaneseImmersion
- 普通(の) normal; common
- 結構 fairly
- 頑張る endure; survive; keep at it; make an effort
- 自宅 one’s home; one’s house
- めでたく happily; with much joy [this word has a celebratory connotation to it]
- 面倒な troubling; troublesome; difficult [面倒(trouble)]
- スケジュールを組む schedule ~; arrange a schedule [組む (form; arrange; assemble)]
- ローンを組む get a loan; take out a loan
- 重なる overlap; occur at the same time; pile up
- 免許取り立て newly-licensed [“masu-stem + 立て” means “newly ~” or “freshly ~”]
- 車屋 car dealership [カーセンター is also used]
- 不思議な strange; mysterious
- 下取りする trade in
- ずつ each [written eitherずつ orづつ]
- 利子 interest (on a loan)
- 月々の monthly [same as 毎月の]
- 順調 favorable; all right [describes of events when going without any problems]
- 万歳 hooray
- 保険 insurance
If you are not a member, please consider supporting us by becoming a member. You will get instant access to today's transcript as well as the latest Makoto e-zine issue, shadowing sentences, haiku lessons, Japanese tongue twisters, and much more.
Can you answer these questions?
Members have access to over a hundred podcasts with bonus content.
If you are a Makoto+ member, please click here for all the podcasts plus bonus content. Not a Makoto+ member? Please consider supporting us by becoming a member. You will get instant access to ALL podcast transcripts as well as the latest Makoto e-zine issue, shadowing sentences, haiku lessons, Japanese tongue twisters, and much more.
Makoto+ Members Get More
FREE FOR ALL - Limited to the latest 20 episodes
Member Bonus Content - All Episodes