For upper beginners to intermediates. Listen to the short podcast and then answer the comprehension questions below.
In today’s episode, Yumi talk about her thoughts on the Super Mario Brothers movie and what she wanted to do after watching it! Listen and #learnJapanese #JapaneseImmersion
- 公開される to be open; to be open to the public [公開 (opening to the public; release)]
- 話題に上る to come up in conversation [話題 (topic)]
- 毎週のように almost every week [毎 (every);週(week)]
- 期待通りas expected; as hoped for [期待 (expectation; anticipation; hope)]
- 再現される to be reproduced [再現 (reproduction; recreation; reenactment)]
- 心をつかまれる to be touched; to be captured [つかまれる (to be grasped); passive form of つかむ (to catch; to grasp)]
- ネタバレ spoiler; spoiling a story [shortened fromネタがバレる; ネタ(core of a story); バレる(to be exposed)]
- 揃ってall together [adverb stemmed from 揃う(to be all present; (all pieces) to be complete)]
- この辺にしておく to leave it here [辺 (area); この辺 (around here; this vicinity); にしておく (to leave ~ as)]
- 平日 week day(s)
- 物語性 story theme; narrativity [物語 (story); 性 (nature; quality; -ness)]
- 取り入れる to adopt; to take in
- 動機 motivation; incentive
- 与える to give; to provide
- 冒険する to explore [冒険 (exploration; adventure)]
- ハマる to get hooked [slang for “to get addicted” but can be used in a good way as well; stemmed fromはまる to get stuck; to fall in (a ditch, trap etc.)]
- 続出する to appear one after another
- 誇れる can proud [potential form of 誇る (to proud)]
- 超有名 super famous [超 (super-; ultra-); 有名 (famous)]
If you are not a member, please consider supporting us by becoming a member. You will get instant access to today's transcript as well as the latest Makoto e-zine issue, shadowing sentences, haiku lessons, Japanese tongue twisters, and much more.
Can you answer these questions?
Members have access to over a hundred podcasts with bonus content.
If you are a Makoto+ member, please click here for all the podcasts plus bonus content. Not a Makoto+ member? Please consider supporting us by becoming a member. You will get instant access to ALL podcast transcripts as well as the latest Makoto e-zine issue, shadowing sentences, haiku lessons, Japanese tongue twisters, and much more.
Makoto+ Members Get More
FREE FOR ALL - Limited to the latest 20 episodes
Member Bonus Content - All Episodes