For upper beginners to intermediates. Listen to the short podcast and then answer the comprehension questions below.
Yellow Asian Dust
Do you have allergies? In Japan people with allergies don't just have pollen to worry about but yellow dust from Mongolia called 黄砂 【こうさ】 also. #learnJapanese #JapaneseImmersion
- 花粉 pollen
- 花粉症 hay fever; allergy to pollen
- の季節 the season of…
- アレルギーがある to have allergies
- 幸いなことに thankfully; a good thing is
- 砂埃 a cloud of dust or sand
- 積もる to build up; to accumulate
- 日本海側 Western Japan on the side of the Sea of Japan
- 偏西風 prevailing westerlies; prevailing winds blowing from west to east
- モンゴルの砂漠 Mongolia deserts
- PM2・5 atmospheric particulate matter with a diameter of less than 2.5 micrometers; PM2.5
If you are not a member, please consider supporting us by becoming a member. You will get instant access to today's transcript as well as the latest Makoto e-zine issue, shadowing sentences, haiku lessons, Japanese tongue twisters, and much more.