しぶい shibui elegance; unobtrusive sophistication
渋柿 shibu gaki - sour persimmon [A]
furanku chan wa shibui kodomo nanode, shinatora shika utaimasen.
Little Frank has such a touch of sophistication about him, he only sings Sinatra.
- フランク furanku - Frank
- ちゃん chan - chan is mainly used for girls but can be used for small boys as well
- しぶい shibui - Shibui is one of those hard-to-translate words! It implies a state of coolness and maybe even old-fashioned coolness. Elegance, quiet tastes, and a kind of maturity that everyone can instantly recognize.
- ので node - therefore, so...
- シナトラ shinatora - Sinatra whose first name is shared by our hero (Frank)
- しか shika - only this [Always is paired with a negative verb. nihongo shika hanasemasen. (I only speak Japanese)]
- 歌いません utaimasen - not sing